About this event
Track Direction: Counter-Clockwise
Registration Fees: $195
Tech Inspection will open at 7:00AM
Riders Meeting will be at 8:15AM
Track is HOT from 9AM-5PM
Please plan accordingly
Overnight camping is allowed
Compact Octane is committed to providing a safe and un-crowded track day experience. Please sign up for the appropriate level. If you have any questions about our groups or questions if your bike is eligible, please email us at email@example.com.
Compact Octane runs a 3 group format with 20 minute sessions.
A Group (Below 500cc) - The pace in A Group (advanced) is for very skilled track day riders and racers who are very comfortable with a much faster pace. Closer inside and outside passing is allowed. First time track riders are not allowed
B Group (Below 500cc) - The pace in B Group (beginner - intermediate) is our slowest group; inside passing is not allowed. The B Group group is closely monitored by the Compact Octane staff to ensure your safety. All new riders should consider taking part in our complimentary New Track Rider Orientation School. Our comprehensive educational approach along with friendly one-on-one coaching is the key to a successful first track experience.
O Group (Above 500cc) - This is our Open Group; designated for bikes above 500cc. This group is geared towards advanced riders with lots of previous track experience. Closer inside and outside passing is allowed. First time track riders are not allowed.
New Track Rider Orientation School
The cost is FREE with purchase of a B Group entry. The average class size is between 5-15 riders. We try to keep the rider to instructor ratio around 3-1. We will provide a safe, friendly environment where you can hone your riding skills and become a better, safer rider.
Each classroom session is about 20 minutes long and allows riders the opportunity to ask questions and talk with their track coaches between the on track sessions. By the end of the day our school riders typically show significant improvement in their riding skill and really step up their track speeds!
New Racer Orientation
Compact Octane is now offering a FREE New Racer Orientation! In this program we will go over everything you need to know to get into club racing. We have partnered up CRA (California Roadrace Association) to offer a diverse and detailed program that will get you certified and ready to race. This program will consist of 4 classroom sessions in between your normal riding session, and will end with a short; non competitive 3 lap simulation race. Once completed you will be given a certification to apply for your race license.
- You must be 18 years old. If you are under the age of 18 please contact us, we may be able to make special considerations.
- You must have working knowledge and comfort with the operation of your motorcycle and all of its controls. A minimum of 6 months riding experience is required.
Protective Suit: A one or two-piece protective suit is required. Two-piece suits must zip together fully. Leather or Kevlar suits are preferred.
Helmet: BSI, DOT, or SNELL full-face helmet with face shield are required.
Boots: Leather, Lycra, Kevlar or similar material motorcycle riding boots that fully cover the top of the ankle and MUST overlap your suit's pant leg. No external laces allowed.
Gloves: Undamaged gauntlet style gloves with full wrist coverage (must overlap sleeve of suit/jacket).
Back Protector: ALL RIDERS MUST WEAR A BACK PROTECTOR.
Alpinestars will offer loaner gear at a first come, first serve basis.
- All bikes MUST pass technical inspection prior to admittance to the track. If your bike DOES NOT pass tech inspection, you will NOT receive a refund or credit.
- Tires should be in excellent (like new) condition. Any tires with shredding, cracking or flat spots will not pass tech inspection.
- Brake levers (front and rear) must function properly, without excess pull/play.
- All lights / lenses must be taped over. We also suggest pulling fuses so the tape will not melt onto the lens. Side mirrors must be taped over or removed.
- All motorcycles must have an operational kill switch/button and self-closing throttle in good working condition.
- Wheel balance weights must be taped over.
- License plates must have bolts taped or be removed.
- We strongly suggest safety wiring your oil drain plug.