About this event
The Texas Region of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) invites all fellow car enthusiasts to this Trek rally in Denton and Wise counties. A Trek is a non-competitive driving event on scenic country roads. No questions, puzzles, tricks or traps, or timed controls, just a fun (and stress-free) drive following a pre-determined route using a “convoy style” format. We’ll provide basic route instructions as a back-up only. All are welcome and no prior rally experience is necessary.
We'll set out from The Horny Toad Café & Bar in Denton, then wind our way on twisty back roads, some of them within the LBJ National Grassland, ending in Paradise, Texas (the town, not the state of mind). We’ll stop for a group picture at one or two sites along the route. For added fun, we plan to stop along the way to visit Eagles Canyon Raceway (ECR), where we can briefly tour the facilities, observe cars on track and enjoy a quick lunch at the Over the Top Bar & Grill.
- Check-in and starting place: The Horny Toad Café & Bar, 5812 N I-35 Service Rd, Denton, TX 76207
- Registration/check-in: 10:00 am to 10:30 am on Rally Day
- Safety Briefing: 10:35 am
- Cars leave the start: 10:45 am
- Length: ~90 miles (~4 hours, including stops)
- Finish: Around 3:00 pm in Paradise, Texas, where we will take a group photo
- Optional before heading home: homemade ice-cream at Bless Your Mouth in nearby Bridgeport.
- Rally type: Trek. Non-scored organized scenic drive.
- Route: paved roads in Denton, Wise and (a little corner of) Cooke counties; we may encounter brief stretches of uneven pavement, which may influence your choice of vehicle on Rally Day
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: speed is not a factor.
- No requirement for at least two people in each car, unless you separate from the group and rely on (back-up) route instructions.
- Contact email@example.com if you have a minor child (<18) in the car, as a form will need to be signed.
- Rally entry fee (covers insurance and preparation and administration expenses): regular SCCA Members $10 per vehicle; Weekend Members $20 per vehicle (includes membership fee).
- Rally Master: John Poulos
While same-day registration will be allowed, we encourage you to pre-register. To pre-register, page down and click on “Continue”.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With nearly 65,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
This event is sanctioned as a Trek by SCCA, under Sanction Number 23-RRTK-60613; it does not qualify for Regional or National Championship points.
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rally
The driver must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. The car must be in good mechanical condition. If any one of the rally car occupants is a minor (under 18 years old), that person must have an SCCA "Minor Release" signed by a parent in the presence of either the rally registrar or a Notary Public. The form is available from firstname.lastname@example.org, or at registration.
For purposes of liability insurance protection, SCCA has (re)instituted membership requirements for RoadRally participants. There must be at least one SCCA Member in every rally car, either a regular/annual Member or a Trial Member. If not currently a Member, you will be registered as a Trial Member during online pre-registration. If only one of the team is a regular Member, then that Member should complete this registration. The other person(s) will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part).
Note for Members completing the Registration: MSReg verifies your membership against the SCCA database. Your Member number, first name and last name must all match exactly with the SCCA data. The verification uses the name in your MSReg account profile, so please make sure that your name matches the one in your SCCA profile exactly to avoid verification failures (e.g., Steve vs Stephen will cause a mismatch error). If different, we recommend that you update your MSReg account name to match the SCCA data.