About this event
SJR SCCA Time Trials & Track Days
Event #3 - Track Sprint at Bader Field
Event is 7+ timed runs on a closed section of Bader Field Atlantic City.
Time trial sprint events are a timed point A to point B race on a closed section of the track with a standing start/flying finish with no cones. Each car is sent one at a time. There are novice classes and classing allows anything from street cars to race cars!
Entry Fee - $120
Early Bird - $100 (Must register by 5/1/2021)
Credit Cards will be charged immediately. No charge for refunds two weeks prior to the event. Cancellations within two weeks of the event will result in 50% refund and 50% credit off a future event.
Join the South Jersey Region Time Trials & Track days at Bader Field Atlantic City. Detailed participation requirements are contained in the event Supplemental Regulations. By entering this event the participant acknowledges that they have read and understand the "supps" and agree to abide by them.
Insurance is not required for this event, but is recommended. SJR SCCA does not endorse any particular insurance vendor.
If you have any questions or need assistance registering for the event contact the Track Events Chairman, Joshua Kuehne, JoshuaKuehneSCCA@Gmail.com
Print and fill out the Tech Sheet and bring it to the event.
Tentative Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 15th 2021
9:00AM-11:00AM - Registration
9:00AM-11:00AM - Tech
11:00AM - Drivers Meeting
11:30AM-3:00PM - Hot Track
This note contains important information for events requiring helmets in New Jersey during the 2021 season, as dictated by the New Jersey State Police.
The New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety governs motorsport events in the state through its Chapter 62 Motor Vehicle Racetrack Regulations. These supersede, by law, requirements specified in our SCCA General Competition Rules.
SA 2010 / SAH 2010 / M 2010 helmets will NOT be allowed for use at events in New Jersey during the 2021 season.
While the SCCA states that SA 2010/ SAH 2010 helmets are allowed until 12/31/21, for events in NJ such as our Time Trials and Track Day events we are NOT allowed to accept Snell 2010 helmets. Only closed face SA 2015 and 2020 helmets can be used.
South Jersey Region SCCA COVID-19 Guidelines
- We will not provide community beverage coolers. We suggest participants bring their own
- Use disinfecting wipes or disinfectant spray and disposable towels to wipe down equipment, supplies, shared work areas and surfaces between uses, shift changes and frequently throughout the day
- Clean frequently touched surfaces such as tables, counters, doorknobs, light switches, pens, keyboards, and cones (when used)
- As much as possible, staff should keep a single radio with them and not hand off between staff members; before storing or when giving it to another staff member, wipe off the radio with a disinfectant wipe
- Events will be closed to spectators. Racers, crew and family only.
- Drivers shpuld park 6’ away from other vehicles or as far as paddock space allows
- There will be hand washing and sanitizer stations in and around the facility
- Only essential, on-duty workers are allowed in specialty work areas such as timing and scoring; when someone is not working a session, they should remain at their cars or follow social distancing protocols
- All participants and workers MUST wear masks, for not only their own safety but for the safety of everyone on-site
- Six feet of space should be kept between individuals for the entirety of the event, except in cases of participants that are part of the same household
- Limit physical contact; refrain and discourage hugs, handshakes and high-fives
- Staff may need to gently reinforce this requirement throughout the event
- Anyone who continues to ignore social distancing procedures even after staff input may need to be asked to leave
- Online registration only. No walk-ups.
- Registrar shall be 6 ft apart.
If registration is held indoors:
- Limit the number of people permitted inside based on the size of the room, keep 6 feet apart.
- Mark the floor indicating where people should stand—use a bright color like blue or green painters tape
- Use different doors for entrance and exit, when possible
- If available, utilize online waivers through registration software.
- Do not handle clipboards. Have waivers sitting in a place accessible by the participant. Sanitize hands before and after handling the pen.
Registrars should not handle membership cards or driver’s licenses.
- Ask member to hold it up and visually check the validity OR
- Use member look-up in the Member Account Portal to verify membership
- Have wristbands or event credentials on a table for participants to pick up or have registrar just hand it to the participant to put on. Wristbands should be separated prior to opening registration.
Driver & Worker Meetings
- Driver meetings will be held if they are outside and social distancing protocols will be followed.
- Add information about COVID-19 procedures to your normal meeting content and allow for Q&A
- Self-tech w/oversight
- Have driver perform functions to verify equipment where possible
- Wear nitrile gloves* (nitrile preferred to latex due to allergies)
Pit lane/Black Flag
- all participants and workers to wear masks, for not only their own safety but for the safety of everyone on-site
- All pit lane workers must wear a mask when conversing with drivers or other workers.
- When speaking to drivers use the passenger side whenever possible to allow for extra distance. If the car is particularly loud and makes it challenging to speak from a distance, you may need to ask the driver to turn off the car
- Disinfect shared equipment and supplies before and after each use
- Assign household members together, when possible
- Keep corner teams together at the same station during the entire event
- All personnel drive separately to the station, when possible; if this is not possible, do not fill the transport vehicle to capacity and have passengers wear masks
- Hold outside and follow social distancing protocols
- If social distancing cannot be achieved, trophy presentations should be eliminated.
- No physical contact
- Utilize “No Contact” trophy presentation (i.e. set trophies on table/podium steps for pickup)
- If used, do not share the microphone