SCCA Chicago Time Trial at the KettleRoad America
About this event
BE PART OF THE ACTION AT ROAD AMERICA
Racers: This is the registration page for the Time Trials. To register for the Kettle Moraine Double Divisional races, click here.
Test your skills at the SCCA Chicago Region Time Trials at Road America. This event takes place on the Saturday afternoon of the region's Kettle Moraine Double Divisional races. It is a timed event for advanced and intermediate drivers only. Come to drive, and watch the racing in between your on-track sessions!
Note: This event is intended for plated, licensed, insured, and trackable street cars, not full-on race cars, and is part of the Chicago Region TT season. We use mandatory point-bys and limited passing zones in an effort to make sure that everyone can drive home at the end of the event. It is not a test-and-tune session.
The fee is $185 for members for three 25-minute sessions. It's $210 for nonmembers. Not a member? Join now. Transponder rental is $30. You may use your own transponder. You can also use a personal lap timer, but your times will not be recorded or published. Safety equipment requirements are the same as for a non-timed Track Day.
8:00 AM - 10 AM Check-in
10:00 AM Mandatory drivers' meeting
Approx. 10:30 AM On track for first session
Although an SCCA Time Trials license is not required, we are urging everyone who registers to get one. Visit the Time Trials "Driver Eligibility and Licenses" page of SCCA.com to apply. We will accept Time Trials licenses from other organizations. If you have one, please bring it with you when you check in at the event.
Before you sign up, please make sure your driving resume on MotorsportReg is up-to-date so that we can confirm that you are an intermediate or advanced driver.
See you there!
CHICAGO REGION, SPORTS CAR CLUB OF AMERICA, INC. PRESENTS
Level 2 Time Trial (TT) August 27, 2022 at Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wis.
Member, pre-registered: $185
Member, at the track: $210
Nonmember, pre-registered (includes $15 weekend membership): $210
Nonmember, at the track: $225
This Level 2 Time Trial (TT), Sanction No. 22-TTTA-59079, 8/27/2022 at Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wis., is organized by the Chicago Region, Sports Car Club of America, Inc. (SCCA) and will be held under the current SCCA Time Trial Rules and official updates, except as modified by these Supplemental Regulations. Please read full rule set at: https://www.scca.com/pages/scca-track-events - "Track Event Rules."
Chicago Region, Sports Car Club of America, Inc.
921 Lawn Circle
Western Springs, IL 60558-2262
Event Lead: Erik Vandermey
Event Registrar: Heather Ingraham
The registrar for this event is
Heather Ingraham (firstname.lastname@example.org)
921 Lawn Circle
Western Springs, IL 60558-2262
Pre-Registered At the Track Weekend Membership*
$185 $210 $15
* All participants are required to be SCCA members. Anyone who does not have an annual membership on their person will be required to purchase a weekend membership on site.
* All drivers must be at least 16 years of age and possess a current valid driver's license issued by his or her state of residence. Any driver under 18 must be a full SCCA member and have a Minor Annual Waiver SCCA Notary 1068 Form on file with the National SCCA office. The original document must be submitted and processed by the SCCA National office before the driver attends the event.
All drivers need to present a completed tech inspection sheet and helmet to registration at the event.
Pertinent dates for this event (all dates 2022):
Opening date for receipt of entries 12:01 AM CDT — July 27
Early discount expires 11:59 PM CDT --- August 5
Online registration closes 11:59 PM CDT — August 26
Entry fee will not be refunded after 11:59 PM CDT, August 26: instead it will be credited toward future Track Events.
Registration and transponder rental 8:00 AM to 10 AM
Mandatory drivers meeting 10:30 AM
On track activities commence Approx. 11:30 AM
Debrief and summary session After Checkered Flag
- Drivers may be held responsible for damages to property, including track and environmental damage.
- All registrants must have numbers on both sides of their vehicle. Numbers should be at least 8" tall with a 1" stroke.
- All convertibles must have a factory recognized roll over structure or SCCA GCR legal rollover protection, unless pre-approved prior to the event.
- All participants must have a Snell M-2010 or better helmet.
- All competitors must secure transponders to participating vehicles. Competitors may use their own transponders with approval from staff. Transponders will also be available for rent for $30 each.
ADDENDUM A: RULES OF ROAD AMERICA
ALL PERSONS ENTERING THE ROAD AMERICA RACE TRACK WILL HAVE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- A current – VALID spectator ticket.
- A ticket with stub(s) upon entering.
- A ticket AND A VALID “Pass-Out” upon re-entering.
- A VALID credential (accompanied by a signed insurance waiver witnessed by Road America/Club staff personnel (PARTICIPANTS ONLY)):
- Road America CREDENTIAL.
- Event sponsoring CLUB CREDENTIAL which is PROPERLY VALIDATED.
- Appropriate weekend WRISTBAND.
UNLICENSED VEHICLE GUIDELINES:
- RACE VEHICLES being used in the race event are allowed on R/A property
- AUTHORIZED ROAD AMERICA VEHICLES with a current year sticker are allowed on R/A property
- Participants may use unlicensed light vehicles and equipment carts but must have a current event sticker or yearly permit for use of such vehicles on Road America property. These will be referred to as “pit vehicles.”
- “Pit vehicle” registration (includes signing a liability waiver and acknowledgement of proper insurance) and fees must be taken care of at registration (locations may vary).
- Furthermore, according to Wisconsin State Law, all ATVs should be registered by the State of Wisconsin, or by another State, in order to be operated within the State.
- ROLLERBLADES, NON-MOTORIZED & MOTORIZED SKATE BOARDS, AND ROLLER SKATES are not permitted on Road America property.
- BICYCLES are permitted but may not be ridden in the COMPETITION PADDOCK AREA – this is strictly prohibited.
OPERATION OF MOTOR VEHICLES ON THE ROAD AMERICA PROPERTY:
- Operators of all motor vehicles (including golf cars) must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license.
- At no time is anyone allowed to park in fire lanes. Violators will be towed.
CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IS PROHIBITED BY COMPETITORS IN THE PADDOCK UNTIL AFTER ALL ON-TRACK ACTIVITIES HAVE CONCLUDED FOR THE DAY.
RACE ENGINES MAY NOT BE RUN WITHOUT ROAD AMERICA PERMISSION:
- Before 8:00 AM weekends (Friday-Sunday) / 8:30 AM weekdays (Monday-Thursday)
- After 6:00 PM weekends (Friday-Sunday) / 5:00 PM weekdays (Monday-Thursday)
- Lessee must vacate the property by 7:00 PM each day
- On-Track Operations 8:00 – 6:00 Weekends (Friday-Sunday), 8:30 – 5:00 Weekdays (Monday-Thursday)
- When paddock space is in the Campground area, Campground quiet time of 10:00 PM applies. Generators can be used only from 7 AM – 10 PM and must not disturb other teams or campers.
ALL VEHICLES OR TENTS REMAINING OVERNIGHT ON ROAD AMERICA PROPERTY MUST HAVE:
- A valid Road America overnight camping permit PROPERLY DISPLAYED.
- Overnight stays are not permitted without formal tent or motor home equipment.
NO PETS ARE ALLOWED ON THE ROAD AMERICA PROPERTY WITHOUT ROAD AMERICA PERMISSION. PETS ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY MUST EITHER BE:
- Kept within the vehicle with adequate ventilation and fresh drinking water.
- Kept under control of a leash.
- All pets are the responsibility of the owner. If your pet disrupts or causes harm to another individual, it will be grounds for removal of you and your pet from the facility without refund.
FIRES, WHEN CONDITIONS PERMIT, MUST:
- Be contained within a device designed for containing a fire.
- Be completely exhausted before the coals, ashes, and remains are discarded.
- Not be within 10 feet of spectator containment fence or within 100 feet of an occupied Road America concession stand or near other competitors’ gasoline storage areas.
- At NO TIME are vehicles permitted to travel COUNTERCLOCKWISE on the track!
- No one is allowed access to the track after operations hours for any reason, i.e. running, walking, etc.
DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY:
- Please do not drive stakes or poles into any asphalt surfaces and do not deface, cut, drive nails into or attach lines or any other objects to trees, bushes, light poles, sight sign posts, or buildings.
- Do not tamper with electrical facilities or any other facilities on RA property. Fines for destruction of property apply.
- RA is not responsible for damage caused by others’ actions.
- Check voltage in electrical receptacles before using.
ILLEGAL DRUGS, FIREWORKS, FIREARMS, ANY TYPE OF EXPLOSIVE ARE NOT ALLOWED ON ROAD AMERICA PROPERTY!
- No drones or unmanned aircraft systems are allowed. Violators in possession and/or operation at any time will be subject to confiscation of their unmanned aircraft, immediate removal from the property, and further prosecution by Law Enforcement.
VENDING is not allowed on Road America property without obtaining the proper permit. To obtain such permit, a vendor fee must be paid. This fee varies per event. Contact Road America for details and prices and to make arrangements.
R/A premises are subject to video surveillance. Revised 3/13/2018