About this event
BE PART OF THE ACTION AT AUTOBAHN COUNTRY CLUB!!
Test your skills at the SCCA Chicago Region Time Trials at Autobahn Country Club. This is a Level One event that takes place on the South Circuit on Saturday afternoon of the region's races. It is a timed event for advanced and intermediate drivers in eligible vehicles. Come to drive and stay to watch some wheel-to-wheel racing!
The fee is $195 for SCCA members for three 20-minute sessions. It's $215 for nonmembers, which includes a weekend membership that can be applied to a full SCCA membership. Not a member yet? Join now.
- Entry fees:
- Pre-Registered: $195
- Early Registration Discount: $10 off
- At the Track (day of event): $220
- Weekend Membership*: $20
- Time Trial Transponder rental (optional): $30
Transponders: Competitors must secure transponders to participating vehicles. Competitors may use their own transponders with approval from staff. Transponders will also be available for rent for $30 each.
8:00 AM - 10 AM Check-in
10:30 AM Mandatory drivers' meeting
Approx. 11:00 AM On track for first session
Licenses: Although an SCCA Time Trials license is not required, we are urging everyone who registers to get one. Visit the Time Trials "Driver Eligibility and Licenses" page of SCCA.com to apply. We will accept Time Trials licenses from other organizations. If you have one, please bring it with you when you check in at the event.
Safety Equipment: Requirements follow Level One requirements as outlined in the SCCA Time Trials Safety Rules.
Vehicle Eligibility: Chicago Region Time Trial events are geared toward experienced drivers in licensed, streetable cars. The TT Race Weekend events are not designed as a test-and-tune for race cars nor as a way to get more seat time for drivers seeking to learn a track ahead ahead of a race event. Drivers or cars running in the race weekend are not eligible for this event. Please consult the Race Weekend organizers for Test Day availability.
Before you sign up, please make sure your driving resumé on MotorsportReg is up-to-date so that we can confirm that you are an intermediate or advanced driver.
See you there!
CHICAGO REGION, SPORTS CAR CLUB OF AMERICA, INC. PRESENTS
Level 1 Time Trial (TT) September 9, 2023 at Autobahn Country Club, Joliet, IL
This Level 1 Time Trial (TT), Sanction No. 23-TTTA-59080, 9/9/2023 at Autobahn Country Club, Joliet, IL, is organized by the Chicago Region, Sports Car Club of America, Inc. (SCCA) and will be held under the current SCCA Time Trial Rules and official updates, except as modified by these Supplemental Regulations. Please read full rule set at: https://www.scca.com/pages/scca-track-events - "Track Event Rules."
- Member, pre-registered: $195
- Nonmember, pre-registered (includes $20 weekend membership): $215
- Event-Day Registration (at the track): $25 additional
- Transponder Rental: $30 or register your own
Chicago Region, Sports Car Club of America, Inc.
921 Lawn Circle
Western Springs, IL 60558-2262
Event Lead: Erik Vandermey
Event Registrar: Heather Ingraham
The registrar for this event is
921 Lawn Circle
Western Springs, IL 60558-2262
Entry fees for SCCA Members:
Pre-Registered At the Track Weekend Membership*
$195 $220 $20
- *Membership: All participants are required to be SCCA members. Anyone who does not have an annual membership on their person will be required to purchase a weekend membership on site.
- Drivers: All drivers must be at least 16 years of age and possess a current valid driver's license issued by their state of residence. Minor Drivers: Any driver under 18 must be a full SCCA member and have a Minor Annual Waiver on file with the National SCCA office. Instructions for Digital Annual Waivers are available here. The document must be submitted and processed by the SCCA National office before the driver attends the event.
- Tech Sheets and Helmets: All drivers need to present a completed tech inspection sheet and a helmet meeting current certifications at registration before the event. A limited number of loaner (SCCA) or rental helmets (Autobahn) may be available.
- Transponders: Transponders will be available for rent for $30 each, and they may be picked up at registration. Competitors may use their own transponders with approval from staff. All competitors must secure transponders to participating vehicles.
- Car Numbers: All registrants are STRONGLY encouraged to have car numbers clearly visible to track workers -- from a distance, and at speed -- on both sides of the car. Typically, this means numbers should be 6" to 8" tall and in a color contrasting with your vehicle's body color. A local supplier is https://knmmagnetics.com for magnetics, digitals, and vinyl. Is the number you want available? If it's available in MSR when you sign up for the event, then yes, it's available!
- All drivers need to present a completed tech inspection sheet and helmet to registration at the event.
Pertinent dates for this event (all dates 2023):
Opening date for receipt of entries 12:01 AM CDT — May 31
Early discount expires 11:59 PM CDT --- August 31
Online registration closes 9:59 AM CDT — September 9
Registration and technical inspection 8:00 to 10:00 AM
Mandatory drivers meeting 10:30 AM
On track activities commence 11:00 AM (approx)
Debrief and summary session After Checkered Flag
- Drivers may be held responsible for damages to property, including track and environmental damage.
- All convertibles must have a factory recognized roll over structure or SCCA GCR legal rollover protection, unless pre-approved prior to the event.
- All participants must have a Snell M-2010 or better helmet. A small number of loaner (SCCA) or rental (from Autobahn) helmets may be available at the event.
- All competitors must secure transponders to participating vehicles. Competitors may use their own transponders with approval from staff. Transponders will also be available for rent for $30 each.
Below are the Autobahn Country Club track rules. They are considered part of these supplementary regulations and are enforceable as such.
Camping by Participants may be permitted by Autobahn Circuit at its sole discretion, and shall be restricted to certain areas. Autobahn Circuit retains the right to charge a fee for camping, which fee shall include 24-hour security costs incurred by Autobahn Circuit for days in which such camping takes place. No campfires will be allowed at the Circuit.
Facilities Rules and Regulations.
Autobahn Circuit reserves the right to impose certain rules and regulations for the Circuit and Lessee agrees to enforce these rules and regulations throughout the duration of the Event. These rules and regulations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Road Course Access.
Under no circumstances shall any Participant access the road course in any vehicle unless specifically authorized by, and under the control of, Lessee as part of the Event activities. Unauthorized driving shall be considered grounds for removal of the driver and the vehicle from the premises for the entire Event and for the driver’s exclusion from future events.
- Alcoholic Beverages.
No alcoholic beverages may be brought on site without the consent of Autobahn Circuit. No alcoholic beverages will be permitted in the pit or main paddock areas until 30 minutes after the end of the final event of each day. Lessee and its Participants (and families or guests) shall comply with all state and local liquor laws.
- Minibikes, Dirt Bikes and Four Wheelers.
The use of unlicensed vehicles such as minibikes, four-wheelers and dirt bikes shall be restricted to their use as service vehicles for competitors and shall only be used in the paddock area. Only licensed drivers shall use such vehicles. Children are specifically forbidden to ride such vehicles in the paddock or in any of the public areas. Autobahn Circuit reserves the right to further restrict the use of these vehicles if, in the sole discretion of Autobahn Circuit, such use is in any way a danger or annoyance to other persons. No vehicles shall be ridden or driven by any person who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Autobahn Circuit reserves the right to remove any person who is in violation of this rule from the premises for the duration of the Event and to forbid their attendance at future events.
All pets must be kept on a leash at all times, and all pet waste must be removed and disposed of.
- Quiet Periods.
No racing or unmuffled engines may be run outside of the designated times as noted in Section 4.
No campfires will be allowed at the Circuit.
- Minors and Children.
All minors and children must be under the direct supervision of an adult at all times.
- Electricity and RV Hook-up.
Participants (and families or guests) are prohibited from using any Circuit electrical and waste hook-up facilities unless consented to by Autobahn Circuit, and the use of such facilities may be subject to a separate fee.
- Additional Regulations.
Autobahn Circuit reserves the right to impose additional rules and regulations at any time. Such additional rules and regulations shall be provided in writing to Lessee who shall consider them to be part of this Agreement.