About this event
Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park (TSMP), formerly Thompson International Raceway, is a motorsports park in Thompson, Connecticut, featuring a 5 ⁄ 8-mile (1.0 km) paved oval racetrack and a 1.7-mile (2.7 km) road racing course. Once known as the "Indianapolis of the East", it was the first asphalt-paved racing oval track in the United States and is now under the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series banner. Each year Thompson hosts one of the great fall variety events "The World Series of Auto Racing" highlighted by the IMSA Super Modifieds and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour. This event frequently draws over 350 race cars in 16 separate divisions over three days.
Monday July 18th 2022
2 hours on track for all run groups for the day!
Run Groups *(subject to change by total number of drivers)*
- S2K TakeOver - Advanced drivers with 20+ track days or similar experience (S2000's ONLY)
- Advanced OPEN TO ALL CARS - Advanced drivers with 20+ track days or similar experience
- Intermediate OPEN TO ALL CARS – Intermediate drivers with 10+ track days or similar experience
» 1.7 mile
» Running CW
Raffles from our sponsors!
HotLap TakeOver Challenge (optional)
- Download the HotLap.io app and join the S2K TakeOver
- Select your class
- Time your sessions and see where you stack up
- Prizes at the end of the day for top time per class
- End of season points prize per class from Stable Energies
- Get Bluetooth GPS Receiver Dual Electronics XGPS160 or similar to improve lap time signal (optional)
S2000 Sponsors & Driver Contingency to end of 2022 season
- ChristianS2K Services discounts for all vehicles
- El Gato Engineering Services Discount for all vehicles
- Stable Energies Driver Support Program: up to 10% off for all registered S2K TakeOver drivers for the 2022 season!
- Other sponsor discounts vary
There will be a mandatory drivers meeting immediately following your tech inspection.
- Lunch is 1 hour long followed with a group photo session on track (to be determined day of event)
- This event will be RAIN OR SHINE. The show must go on!
- Drivers must wear long pants and closed-toe shoes.
- Helmets are mandatory and must be: RATED SNELL M or SA 2015
-Drivers will be required to get their cars inspected and tech form filled out PRIOR to the event date by a certified mechanic shop of their choice and hand it in during check-in on track day.
- During check-in we will do another safety check to ensure your car meets all safety requirements mandated by S2K TakeOver, NETC & TSMP.
- PASSENGERS ARE NOT ALLOWED to ride with drivers. The only exception is ONLY if the driver is a certified instructor or approved by Brad B or Peter C.
- Only 5 and 6 point harnesses and factory seat belts are allowed.
- Each group will have an assigned leader to help answer any of your questions throughout the day.
DOWN LOAD TECH SHEET HERE:
- Snell 2015 or newer helmet required for drivers
- ALL vehicles must pass tech to be on track
- No passengers aloud unless instructors or approved by Brad B/Peter C
- HotLap participation is voluntary and will have live timing and technical support at events (optional)
- Event is Rain or Shine
HotLap TakeOver Challenge Classing