About this event
Pre-Registration for Members - $225
Pre-Registration for non-Members- $240
Walk-up registrations will NOT be available for this event.
The 2021 Susquehanna Region RallySprint Championship Series will operate in accordance with the SCCA RallySprint Rules as shown on the SCCA website.
These condensed supplementary regulations are designed to help the first time participant as well as those who have run elsewhere before but are not familiar with our procedures. They explain the Region’s rules and guidelines to help make RallySprint events run smoothly, and to help clarify any questions or misconceptions about the running of the region’s RallySprint series events. All competitors are responsible for reading and understanding all rules and regulations. The full list of our updated supplemental regulations can be found here.
Entry fees may vary based upon venue and event type. Entrants who are not SCCA members must purchase an SCCA Weekend Membership.
Competitors must be prepared to present their valid driver’s license, and may be required to provide a valid SCCA Membership Card or proof of Weekend Membership purchased for the weekend when checking in or registering at the event venue.
EVENT SCHEDULE - APPROXIMATE
Saturday July 10th
-Registration & Tech opens at 4:30 PM
-Course open for recce runs 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Sunday July 11th
-Suggested arrival time 7:00 AM
-Registration & Tech open from 7:15 AM – 8:30 AM
-Driver’s meeting: 8:30 AM
-First car off: 9:30 AM
-Finish and cleanup: 5:00 PM
In general, we ask our participants to use common sense and consider the following:
- Paddock/ grid speed limit is 10 mph
- Spinning of tires anywhere on or near the site (except on course) is grounds for immediate ejection from the event
- No reckless driving at the event including out on course
- No minor under the age of sixteen (16) is allowed in grid unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Never turn your back on a moving vehicle, especially when working the course
- No horseplay involving a moving vehicle
- All pets must be on a leash at all times; and may not be in any “hot” areas (grid/course)
- Anyone at an event who must work under their vehicle MUST have that vehicle supported by jack stands or ramps suitable for soft surfaces as well as on a tarp.
- Participation while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will not be tolerated
- Use common sense, this list is not exhaustive as there are too many no-no’s to list
SUSQUEHANNA REGION SCCA RALLYSPRINT COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS FOR 2021
Please know that our main concern for everyone is their health and safety, therefore, it’s our responsibility to put that in the forefront of event logistics. We must also adhere to all state and local regulations while planning for our events. So, with that, please read all of the policies below to make sure you are prepared for the events happening in 2021.
- If you aren’t feeling well, or feel like you may have symptoms of an illness, please stay home!
- Everyone on site is required to wear a mask. With the Governor’s recent statement on 7/1/20, we are required to wear masks outside. Masks are absolutely required in the “public” areas of the event, which include registration, tech and the driver’s meeting.
- Until further notice, we will only be accepting pre-registered competitors through MSR. We will not be accepting any walk-up registrations at the events.
- The driver’s meeting will be conducted via our PA system, please make sure you practicing social distancing, and remain 6 feet apart.
- Loaner helmets will not be available at any events until further notice. If you do not have your own helmet, you will not be able to participate.
- The events will be limited to competitors, their crew, and volunteers ONLY. No spectators are permitted at the events.
- Make sure that you have the following items with you, we will NOT be offering the following items:
- Bottled Water
- Painter’s Tape for car numbers/classes
- We will have cleaning supplies like hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes for our Core staff to clean items like radios, timing equipment, and other equipment needed to run the event. You will need to bring your own sanitizing items and PPE to participate in the events, as the items will not be readily available for all competitors to use.
- Please be respectful of your fellow competitors, follow social distancing guidelines when in busy areas like registration and the driver’s meeting.
- If you are not comfortable with the above guidelines, please do not register for any events. If you are not following the guidelines we have put in place, you will be asked to leave, and may not be able to attend future events.
Competitors, workers, crew and guests must sign the SCCA Liability Release Waiver and display the wrist band issued to them to indicate that the waiver has been signed. Persons participating at any level of event activity who are under the age of 18 must have the appropriate Minor Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement Forms Completed by their parent or legal guardians. Forms are available at registration.
RUN PROCEDURE / SCHEDULE
We will run two sessions of competition, a morning session and an afternoon session, likely with course changes between sessions.
We will run two groups of competitors, Group A and Group B. Groups will be comprised of complete car classes. Groups will be organized to have the same number of drivers, or as close the same number of drivers as possible.
The grid sheet outlining which classes are in each group will be posted at registration.
Drivers will be gridded within their class in reverse order of which they registered. This means the earlier you register, the better your starting position.
There will be a maximum of two drivers per car per run group.
METHOD OF TIMING
Our events will be electronically timed with manual triggers at start and finish. Times are reported and recorded to the second.
Each driver will be scored on his/her total accumulated time for all official runs, including penalties.
One (1) 15-minute mechanical break (referred to as a “mechanical”) may be taken per event to make necessary repairs.
All national SCCA RallySprint classes will be recognized:
RallySprint Two-Wheel Drive Under 2.5 Liters (R2U) – for front- or rear-wheel drive vehicles with adjusted engine capacity under 2.5 liters, with driver and co-driver.
RallySprint Two-Wheel Drive Over 2.5 Liters (R2O) – for front- or rear-wheel drive vehicles with adjusted engine capacity of 2.5 liters or greater, with driver and co-driver.
RallySprint Four-Wheel Drive Under 2.5 Liters (R4U) – for all- or
four-wheel drive vehicles with adjusted engine capacity under 2.5 liters, with driver and co-driver.
RallySprint Four-Wheel Drive Over 2.5 Liters (R4O) -- for all- or four-wheel drive vehicles with adjusted engine capacity of 2.5 liters or greater, with driver and co-driver.
Non-competition classes: The organizers may allow a non-competition “Exhibition Class”. A vehicle running WRC studded tires would be in this class.
VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION / CAR NUMBERS
A driver will choose his/her one, two or three digit number at registration. It is highly recommended numbers be approximately 8” high and of a contrasting color. Class lettering is recommended to be approximately 4” high and also of contrasting color.
A leading "0" is not permitted.
TECHNICAL INSPECTION AND HELMETS
Every competition vehicle shall be inspected to verify that it is in proper working order, and has a legible registered entrant number on each side of the car.
Required Personal Safety Equipment: The following items are required for all drivers and co-drivers:
Helmets: Please refer to https://www.scca.com/downloads/52794-2021-rally-x-and-solo-helmet-certification- labels/download for helmet allowed
Head and Neck Restraint Device: Head and neck restraint systems are required for all competitors. These systems shall be mounted per the manufacturer's recommendations. The head and neck restraint system must meet at least one of the following:
Certified to FIA 8858-2002.
Certified to FIA 8858-2010.
SFI 38.1 licensed. SFI 38.1 licensing requires a SFI 38.1 conformance label that is less than five years old.
*See notice regarding counterfeit safety equipment in the appendices.
Driving suit: All drivers and co-drivers competing must wear driving suits that conform to one of the following standards:
FIA 1986 or
SFI 3-2A/1 driving suits are also permitted if worn with approved fire resistant underwear.
A competitor must possess a valid driver’s license or driving permit and be prepared to show it at registration. Permit or restricted licenses shall be allowed as set forth by the SCCA RallySprint rules.
Log Books: All cars entering this event must be log booked through Rally America, ARA or NASA. If log booked through another organization, you must contact the Chairman for approval.
Competitors must be SCCA Members. SCCA Weekend Memberships will be available at registration at a cost of $15.00.
A competitor must be a minimum of 16 years old and those under 18 must have a properly executed SCCA minor waiver.
WELCOMING ENVIRONMENT STATEMENT
The SCCA strives to ensure ALL participants at its events and activities enjoy a welcoming environment. The SCCA supports equality of opportunity and treatment for all participants, and will make every effort to maintain an environment that is free of harassment, discrimination and any behavior that interferes with a safe, fun and exciting experience. A commitment to a welcoming environment and the SCCA Values is expected of all members and attendees, including drivers, workers, crew, guests, staff, contractors and exhibitors, and other participants at SCCA activities, sessions and social events when representing the SCCA in print or electronic media.
Go to http://www.scca-susq.com for official results.