RTR DE @Summit Point October 2021Summit Point - Summit Point Circuit
About this event
Join us at the big track at Summit Point!
At this event, we are offering the following run groups:
- Green: Our beginner instructed group, generally drivers with less than one full season of experience on track
- Blue: Our intermediate instructed group, generally drivers with a full season or more of experience on track
- White: Our intermediate non-instructed group, drivers who have been promoted to an RTR equivalent solo run group
- Red/Black: Our advanced/instructor run group, drivers who have been solo for many seasons or are an instructor with HPDE organizations; placement at the discretion of the Chief Instructor
READ THIS if you're new to Riesentöter Driver's Education (DE)
- I've never done a DE before. Awesome! So glad you decided to start! Please sign up in the GREEN run group.
You probably have a lot of questions so feel free to contact email@example.com - we're here to help you get comfortable and fall in love with Driver's Ed. We also urge you to read the Riesentöter Driver's Education Manual.
Note: DE is a high speed driving school - not a racing school - conducted on a race track under the supervision of experienced instructors. You'll learn how to control your vehicle at speeds not legally attained on public roads, which will help prepare you for emergencies in normal driving while exploring your capabilities as a driver and those of your vehicle. You won't be pushed to go any faster than is comfortable for you. Our participants are organized into run groups based on experience and skill, so you will be driving alongside people with similar capabilities.
- I've done DE, but never with Riesentöter. Welcome! Please sign up in the run group you think you belong in. We'll verify your experience with a PCA region (or similar club) you've recently driven with. Your actual run group will be determined by our Chief Instructor. Please note: New drivers aren't placed in our advanced (Black) group without a checkout ride, so don't get salty when the registrar tells you so - it's nothing personal.
- I'm an instructor, but I've never instructed with Riesentöter. Before signing up, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your PCA instructor number. If you don't have a PCA instructor number contact email@example.com to learn about our new instructor checkout process.
CHANGES DUE TO COVID-19 (UPDATED MAY 2021)
Please see our current COVID-19 procedures.
In any case where track rules or guidelines issued by the state where the track is located conflict with Riesentöter procedures, the stricter rule shall be followed.
At Riesentöter events, instructors pay half. Prices go up 10% in the final 2 weeks of registration.
|Friday||Sat & Sun||Fri-Sun|
|On/before 09/19, attendees pay||$300||$400||$500|
|On/before 09/19, instructors pay||$150||$200||$250|
|As of 09/20, attendees pay||$330||$440||$550|
|As of 09/20, instructors pay||$165||$220||$275|
Camping is available on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights for a flat fee of $150 for RVs and $75 for tents. These fees cover the charge for 24 hour security provided by the track. A separate fee may be charged by the track directly for each electric hookup. In the event that camping is not available due to COVID-19 restrictions you will be notified and your camping fees will be refunded.
08/15 Last day for no-fee cancellation (see below)
08/16 Credit cards charged beginning on
09/20 Prices go up on
10/01 Last day for registration
10/01 Last day for cancellation (see below)
10/02 Club tech inspection event at Porsche Conshohocken
10/10 Pre-event welcome packet emailed to drivers
10/14 Trailer drop off (evening - see welcome packet for exact timing)
10/15 Event begins
The cancellation deadline for this event is Friday October 1, 2021. NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS WILL BE ISSUED AFTER THIS DATE.
You can cancel without incurring any charge up to 08/15/21.
We have a $25 cancellation fee for refunds. Cancellations occurring between 08/16/21 and 10/01/21 will be issued in your choice of a refund to your credit card (your registration fee minus $25) or a 100% credit in MotorsportReg. Credits can be applied to any future Riesentöter Driver's Ed event through 12/31/22, at which time the credit, if unused, will expire.
SHARING A CAR (UPDATED JULY 2021)
You can share a car with another registered driver ONLY IF you are in different run groups. Each driver must register separately.
GUESTS (UPDATED JULY 2021)
Guests are welcome! While Riesentöter is just as excited as you are to welcome back friends and family to our events, we do not have confirmation that the track is allowing guests and/or children. So while we are allowing them, the track may not and we defer to their rules and regulations.
Guests 18 and over will need to follow the same registration procedure as drivers. Register on MotorsportReg, complete the Speed Waiver, register at the event with a valid ID to receive a wristband. (Note: The driver needs to register first so that the Crew Member can select the driver during their registration.)
Guests under 18 will need to have our minor waiver signed by both parents (or legal guardian(s)). Please download the waiver, complete in advance, bring it to the track and give it to our registrar when you sign in. NEW FOR 2021: The minor waiver must be completed once per event and is no longer yearly.
Licensed drivers 18 and older
All drivers must be 18 or older and present their valid driver's license at registration on their first morning of the event. If you cannot present your driver's license, you will not be allowed on track.
Helmets (UPDATED JULY 2021)
Drivers must wear a helmet with a Snell SA/M 2010, 2015 or 2020 rating.
2010 spec helmets will be permitted for the remainder of the 2021 season. We recommend full-face helmets. However, open face helmets can be used in cars with working, factory-installed air bags.
Mandatory pre-event tech inspection
All cars must be inspected by a qualified mechanic using the current RTR inspection form. The inspection must take place no more than 2 weeks before the event.
If you live in the RTR region your inspection needs to be done by an RTR approved inspector. For your convenience, we will hold an inspection event on Saturday October 2, 2021 at Porsche Conshohocken; at that event, the cost of inspection is $20.
If you live outside of the RTR region, please have your car inspected by your local dealer or an ASE certified mechanic who is familiar with your marque. The mechanic must use the current RTR inspection form.
RTR events are open to passenger cars of all marques (sorry no trucks or open wheel cars). See below for info on convertibles. Please check the RTR inspection form for additional details regarding vehicle requirements.
Vehicles With Multi-Point Harness Systems
If you are driving a vehicle with a multi-point harness system (5 point harness, 6 point harness, etc) you must utilize a head and neck restraint system, also known as a HANS device. The head and neck restraint device must meet either SFI 38.1 or FIA 8858 or its successor.
For more information, please see: Driver Education Minimum Standards
Before registering, please review the specific safety requirements for your car on the RTR inspection form.
- You must be able to pass the "broomstick test" (your helmet must fit below an imaginary line between the roll bar and top of the windshield) when seated in your driving position.
- If you will drive your car with the top down/off, you must wear arm restraints. If you will have an instructor, or hope to get a checkout ride, you must provide arm restraints for your instructor too.
- Convertibles with only "pop up" roll over protection (such as the Porsche 996, 997 & 991) are only allowed in Intro to DE. Beyond that, you must install a fixed roll bar. Having a hardtop does not replace the need for fixed rollover protection.
Cars with Collision Avoidance/Automatic Emergency Braking Systems
All collision avoidance/auto braking systems must be turned off when you are on track. Please review your car's manual to understand how your system works and how to turn it off. If the system needs to be turned off each time you start the car, be sure to work that into your run session prep routine. Please don't confuse these systems with stability management systems that should remain ON while driving on track.
Summit Point Requirements
Please click here to view track-specific requirements for noise levels, use of ATVs and bicycles, kids and pets, etc. We will be enforcing these rules at Summit Point.