About this event
Please join us for the last event of the season! An advanced 2 day Driver's Education event at New Jersey Motorsport Park's Thunderbolt track.
At this event, we are offering the following run groups:
- White: Our intermediate non-instructed group, drivers who have been promoted to an RTR equivalent solo run group
- Red/Black: Our advanced/instructor run group, drivers who have been solo for many seasons or are an instructor with HPDE organizations; placement at the discretion of the Chief Instructor
READ THIS if you're new to Riesentöter Driver's Education (DE)
- I've done DE, but never with Riesentöter. Welcome! Please sign up in the run group you think you belong in. We'll verify your experience with a PCA region (or similar club) you've recently driven with. Your actual run group will be determined by our Chief Instructor. Please note: New drivers aren't placed in our advanced (Black) group without a checkout ride, so don't get salty when the registrar tells you so - it's nothing personal.
- I'm an instructor, but I've never instructed with Riesentöter. Before signing up, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your PCA instructor number. If you don't have a PCA instructor number contact email@example.com to learn about our new instructor checkout process.
*** Please be sure to read ALL of the NJMP Rules & Regulations including Chapter 62) before registering/attending our NJMP Thunderbolt event. ***
Prices go up 10% in the final 2 weeks of registration.
|On/before 10/11, attendees pay||$350|
|On/before 10/11, instructors pay||$350|
|As of 10/12, attendees pay||$385|
|As of 10/12, instructors pay||$385|
09/06 Last day for no-fee cancellation (see below)
09/07 Credit cards charged beginning on
10/12 Prices go up on
10/23 Last day for registration
10/23 Last day for cancellation (see below)
10/24 Begin tech inspection window (see below)
11/01 Pre-event welcome packet emailed to drivers
11/05 Event begins
The cancellation deadline for this event is Friday October 23, 2020. NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS WILL BE ISSUED AFTER THIS DATE.
You can cancel without incurring any charge up to 09/06/20.
We have a $25 cancellation fee for refunds. Cancellations occurring between 09/07/20 and 10/23/20 will be issued your choice of a refund to your credit card (your registration fee minus $25) or a 100% credit in MotorsportReg. Credits can be applied to any future Riesentöter Driver's Ed event through 12/31/21, at which time the credit, if unused, will expire.
SHARING A CAR
You can share a car with another registered driver ONLY IF you are in different run groups. Each driver must register separately.
Licensed drivers 18 and older
All drivers must be 18 or older and present their valid driver's license at registration on the first morning of the event. If you cannot present your driver's license, you will not be allowed on track.
Drivers must wear a helmet with one of these ratings:
- Snell SA/SAH 2010 or 2015
- Snell M 2010 or 2015
NJMP requires full-face helmets. However, open face helmets can be used in cars with working, factory-installed air bags.
Mandatory pre-event tech inspection
All cars must be inspected by a qualified mechanic using the current RTR inspection form. The inspection must take place no more than 2 weeks before the event.
If you live in the RTR region your inspection needs to be done by an RTR approved inspector.
If you live outside of the RTR region, please have your car inspected by your local dealer or an ASE certified mechanic who is familiar with your marque. The mechanic must use the current RTR inspection form.
RTR events are open to passenger cars of all marques (sorry no trucks or open wheel cars). See below for info on convertibles. Please check the RTR inspection form for additional details regarding vehicle requirements.
Vehicles With Multi-Point Harness Systems
If you are driving a vehicle with a multi-point harness system (5 point harness, 6 point harness, etc) you must utilize a head and neck restraint system, also known as a HANS device. The head and neck restraint device must meet either SFI 38.1 or FIA 8858 or its successor.
For more information, please see: Driver Education Minimum Standards
Before registering, please review the specific safety requirements for your car on the RTR inspection form.
- You must be able to pass the "broomstick test" (your helmet must fit below an imaginary line between the roll bar and top of the windshield) when seated in your driving position.
- If you will drive your car with the top down/off, you must wear arm restraints. If you will have an instructor, or hope to get a checkout ride, you must provide arm restraints for your instructor too.
- Convertibles with only "pop up" roll over protection (such as the Porsche 996, 997 & 991) are NOT allowed at New Jersey Motorsports Park. In order to use your car at this event, you must install a fixed roll bar. Having a hardtop does not replace the need for fixed rollover protection.
Cars with Collision Avoidance/Automatic Emergency Braking Systems
All collision avoidance/auto braking systems must be turned off when you are on track. Please review your car's manual to understand how your system works and how to turn it off. If the system needs to be turned off each time you start the car, be sure to work that into your run session prep routine. Please don't confuse these systems with stability management systems that should remain ON while driving on track.