About this event
Come join the Midwest's premier regional kart racing series at one of Wisconsin's most historic racing venues, the CTECH Mfg Motorplex at Road America on June 25-27, 2021. Road America is back as Round 2 in 2021, and in addition to the great racing, awards, and cookout, it will be a great tune-up for the USPKS event 2 weeks later, using the same track layout.
We look forward to seeing you at the CTECH Mfg Motorplex on June 25-27. Road America has become a popular stop on the Route 66 Sprint Series championship, presented by MG Tires and Franklin Motorsports. This event is sponsored by Hotz Racing Development.
Route 66 is offering an optional Friday practice session from 11am to 6pm Friday at a cost of $75.
Saturday's program includes 3 rounds of practice, 3 laps of qualifying, a prefinal race, and a main event. Sunday includes a morning warmup, 3 laps of qualifying, a prefinal, and a main event. Podium presentations will be held for both days. Route 66 has invited all USPKS racers to join in this event, and an X30 Jr & Sr class (non points, no awards) is being added to this event to allow additional testing time for the upcoming USPKS event at RA.
Registration will open at the track on Friday morning, June 25 for entry check-in and packet pickup. You are highly encouraged to pre-enter online to get the best possible price and reserve your spot on the grid.
Individual event registration is $250/weekend online until midnight CT on June 19th. After June 19h, the fee increases to $300/weekend and you must register at the track.
Optional Friday Practice is being offered by Route 66 for this event, and can be purchased online, during registration, or can be purchased at the track.
Driver and Kart Profiles and Transponders
Your vehicle profile(s) in your MSR "garage" are where the kart brand/type and transponder comes from. If you register the same "vehicle" in 2 different classes, you will be using the same transponder in both classes, as they are tied to the vehicle. To use 2 different transponders, you need to create 2 different "vehicles" in your garage. For example, create a 206 Kart and a KA Kart to use to separate transponders. Using the correct vehicle information will help make sure that your stats online are correct. You may use the same transponder in 2 classes, but you are responsible for moving them back and forth. If you want your driver's name and hometown information to show up correctly, put them in your profile correctly.
PHYSICAL TRACK ADDRESS - UPS/FedEx/Freight SHIPPING ADDRESS
N7390 State Hwy 67
Plymouth, WI 53073
C/O ROUTE66 - COMPETITOR'S NAME
4 Cycle fuel will be 87 Octane, purchased from the R-Store BP Station. 1232 Co Rd O Plymouth, WI 53073
2 Cycle fuel will be VP purchased from Express Karts & Parts at the track. Elf is the official 2 cycle oil.
- For this event, parking will be from 2:00PM to 7:00PM on Thursday, and beginning again at 8:00AM on Friday.
- There is no Thursday practice available, and optional Friday practice is purchased at the track and payable to NCMP.
- Reserved pit spaces and RV parking reservations can be made by downloading the Parking Request form from route66kartracing.com and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. RA has several camping areas on site, but if you wish to camp in the Motorplex/paddock area, you will need to arrange it through Route 66. There are no hookups for RVs, and they will be limited to certain areas. If you have questions, you can contact Route 66 Series Administrator Tim Koyen at 608-235-4761 or via email at email@example.com. There will be a designated free parking area at the far end of the paddock. Here is a direct link to the parking information on the Route 66 website.
- Racers competing in both the Route 66 event and USPKS event should be aware that there is a NASCAR event in between those races, so the paddock are will be completely cleared when each event ends on Sunday night. Sorry, but THERE IS NO TRAILER STORAGE AVAILABLE ON THE ROAD AMERICA PROPERTY. Everything will need to be removed Sunday night. HOWEVER: FoxFire Storage of Elkhart Lake is located close to the property and will store haulers for the period in between the two events. Contact them directly at 920-918-8856 (Tyler) to make a reservation, or via email at FoxFireFarmWi@outlook.com.
- Everyone entering the RA facility will need to complete a Road America waiver, in addition to the normal Route 66 waiver. Road America utilizes the Speedwaiver App, for those interesed in pre-filling their waiver. You will only need to show the QR code on your phone when entering. You will still need to purchase a pit pass and sign the Route 66 waiver when entering the first time.