About this event
Join the Audi and AMG Enthusiasts at Roebling Road Raceway on Monday, September 15, 2008 for a full day of open track limited to only 25 attendees. The 2.02-mile asphalt road course consisting of nine turns is located just 20 miles from beautiful historic downtown Savannah, Georgia.
Honing your high performance driving skills in the relative safety of a closed track will add to your enjoyment of your car, as well as make you a better street driver. High performance driving in any car is all about learning to control the car, and not having the car control you. It is about concentration, vision, familiarity with your car, its responses to your inputs, and your reactions to its responses. It is NOT about racing, and this is NOT a racing event! Put your brain in a learning gear, and check the racing ego at the door. Remember that this event is about safety, control, and enjoying these great cars.
Registration fee for the event is $225 and registrations will be limited to the first 25 paid entries.
Cancellations will be assessed a $20 fee. NO CANCELLATIONS AFTER SEPTEMBER 1, 2008.
Book your hotel room for the night of 9/14 now as rooms are extremely limited. We have negotiated a rate of $79/night:
Best Western Bradybury Suites
155 Bourne Ave
Group code: AMG
Questions? Contact the event registrar, Chris Woodward.
- Event is now open to all makes/models
You must be eligible to DRIVE SOLO at this event as instructors are not provided. In order to be eligible to solo, you must have done ONE OR MORE of the following:
- Hold a valid competition license with a recognized racing body
- Be an on-track driving instructor for a legitimate car club
- Have been signed-off to solo at a minimum of two separate tracks
- Have been signed-off to solo at Roebling Road in the past 12 months
If, after reading the above, you are uncertain as to your eligibility for this event, please contact the Eventmaster, Chris Woodward before registering.
- Helmets MUST be worn at all times while on-track. Either open-faced or closed-face helmets may be worn; the minimum helmet rating is M / SA95. DOT rating is not acceptable. Participants are responsible for providing their own helmets.
- All participants must sign an original Insurance waiver (will be provided at the event).
- Participants should check with their insurance carrier for coverage while attending a Driving School.
- Any overly aggressive or reckless driving by any participant / instructor will not be allowed. Four wheels off track is aggressive or reckless driving, excluding a mechanical problem. Continued aggressive or reckless driving is grounds for expulsion for the event.
- If upgraded safety harnesses are used they shall be the same on both sides (if the right seat is occupied). Installation should be to factory attachment points and/or approved by Eventmaster.
- Factory-installed roll hoops / bars must be in place and locked in the "up" position if moveable.
- Driver's helmet must be below the plane of the roll protection.
SUV’s at Driving schools:
No SUV’s or SAV’s are allowed at this event; this includes the Audi Q7, and the Mercedes R, ML, G, and GL classes.
Questions? Contact the Eventmaster, Chris Woodward.