About this event
Located at the base of Mt. Rainer, Enumclaw is a charming town just 40 minutes east of Tacoma, WA. We are very excited to be hosting our first event at the Enumclaw Expo center. This venue will have a very traditional rallycross feeling with the course set up in a large grass field. If you are new to Rallycross or want to know more before you sign up, check out our Rallycross FAQs and the Rallycross Rules.
Unfortunately, this event is not open to spectators
This event is limited 80 competitors and no race-day registration will be allowed. Be sure to sign up early!
$80 per driver
7:00am: Gates open
7:30am-9:00am: Tech inspection, check in, course walking
9:00am: Driver meeting (required)
9:30am-12:30pm: Morning run group
1:30pm-4:30pm: Afternoon run group
*Schedule is subject to change. You will receive a final schedule via email the week prior to the event. Please note: start/end time generally do not change.
COVID-19 Event Modifications & Requirements
Due to the statewide restrictions regarding COVID-19, we have made changes to some of our protocols for safety and compliance. Please read through these thoroughly and do not register if you will be unable to meet the requirements. No refunds will be given if you do not meet the requirements and are unable to race.
Face Masks: All attendees will be required to wear a face mask when not in their vehicle.
Physical Distancing: Attendees must remain 6ft from other attendees that do not live in the same household. Physical distancing must be maintained at all times including work assignments as well as in the grid and paddock areas.
Dual Drivers: Dual drivers are not permitted unless the drivers live in the same household.
Tech Inspection: During tech inspection, drivers will remain in the vehicle during the check.
Video Driver Meeting: No in-person driver meeting will be held at the event. Instead, a video driver meeting will be provided a week prior to the event. All drivers will be required to watch the video in its entirety prior to the racing.
Stay home: Please stay home if you have any of these COVID-19 symptoms.
Thank you for signing up for the Rainier Rumble Rallycross! Please take a moment to review the rallycross rules which include the vehicle classifications, competition and conduct requirements.
A rallycross is a motorsports event where vehicles race on a course delineated by cones on generally unpaved, mostly flat surfaces. Elapsed time is tracked by the organizer with time-based penalties assessed for actions such as missed cones and driving off-course. Scoring is the accumulation of timed runs plus penalties where the lowest time wins. One car is released at a time with course workers monitoring cones and penalties.
Rallycross events are structured as a run-work format where competitors race during their class session and work the course when another class races.
Conduct of Competitors
Each competitor must:
- Practice good sportsmanship at all times.
- Register for and compete in the appropriate class for their vehicle. It is the driver’s responsibility to know the correct class based on the rules and vehicle classifications set forth on and after page 7 of the Rallycross Rules.
- Be responsible for their own safety and the safety of others.
- Know, understand and follow all rules as stated herein, in competitor communications and required driver meetings.
- Treat all officials, volunteers, spectators, the public and other competitors with respect and courtesy.
- Obey all laws and local ordinances, most importantly as they pertain to traffic laws.
- Not dispose of trash anywhere on site except for designated garbage receptacles.
- Follow the prescribed course. It is the competitor’s responsibility to know the course in order to keep other competitors, course workers and spectators safe. Competitors will be given the opportunity to walk and drive the course prior to competition.
- Fully perform their work assignment as instructed.
Failure to comply with the conduct requirements may result in disqualification and/or suspension.
To be eligible for Rallycross competition, a driver must:
- Not be disqualified from event or suspended from competition.
Be, at minimum, 15 years old and meet one of the following criteria:
- Possess a valid (not expired or suspended) drivers license in their state of residence, or
- Possess a valid instruction permit and be accompanied by a parent/guardian that has been a licensed driver for at least five years.
You must register with a unique number - no duplicate numbers will be permitted.
Vehicles must have their number and class on the side of the vehicle. The minimum size for the numbers is 6 inches tall with a 1 inch stroke. Class letters may be of any size as long as they can be seen from a reasonable distance away. All number/class decals must be in a contrasting color to the vehicle body. If you have any questions or concerns about your number or class, bring a package of letter/numbers and apply them at the event.
Before 11:59PM, 10/9/2020: Cancellations permitted, no payment will be charged.
After 12:00AM, 10/10/2020: No refunds will be given after this date.