About this event
***ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING THEIR OWN MASKS AND HAND SANITIZERS***
We will be strictly adhering to all social distancing policies in place at the time (e.g., masks may be required when outside the car; classrooms may be held outdoors; congregating in large groups / evening happy hours may be prohibited, etc.). For those who do not have their own in-car communicator headset - especially STUDENTS! - and want to purchase your own instead of sharing, you can try here but quantities may be limited. Stay tuned for additional COVID-related details as the event nears.
Join PCA Potomac for our Mid-Summer DE at our home track at Summit Point's main circuit! NOTE that we are offering different day-packages this year, with Friday being a Potomac approved SOLO DRIVER ONLY day! (Meaning if you sign up for the Friday only, or for the Friday/Saturday/Sunday package, you must be a SOLO DRIVER!)
Our hands-on, high-energy driver education program will give you the experience needed to learn how to drive your car toward the limits. We offer 90 minutes of track time per day, with 5 different run groups. Are you a beginner or starting out? Our Green and Blue Run Groups offer an assigned instructor who will ride with you in your car to help you learn how to drive your car fast while being safe. Did we mention there are no speed limits? We also have run groups dedicated to solo drivers, and if you are an advanced driver then you may be suited for one of our higher run groups with fast driving and extended passing (with a point-by) anywhere on the track.
The greatest part of Potomac PCA is the people, people that will help you with your car, and new friends to drive with. If conditions permit, we will host a happy hour on Friday and Saturday evening after the track shuts down. This is a great time to talk about the day's driving, boast about your day, or just get to know the people you are sharing the track with. Our motto "be safe, have fun, and learn" will certainly be remembered after a weekend with us.
Summit Point’s Main circuit offers a little bit of everything, long straights offering very high speeds, tight corners requiring braking performance, high-speed corners requiring skill, and enough elevation change to experience the effects of gravity. Summit Point also offers fuel stations (including high-octane racing fuels), large paved paddocks, and a restaurant. Summit Point events usually sell out quickly so register early.
We are pleased to announce that we will host local Jefferson County kids at "Camp Porsche at Summit Point" on Friday, July 8th! (This will be a program similar to the Stafford Junction program. We will need Buddies, Helpers, etc.)
Reminders: PCA Potomac is also a social club, and new participants are welcomed and appreciated by the entire DE community. Although we love our Porsches, we encourage other passenger car marques to participate. (SUVs and Trucks are not permitted by track rules. Firearms are not allowed during track events. No alcohol or recreational drugs while cars are on track.) Our DE program does have a “13/13 rule” that can be used at the discretion of our region’s DE leadership in reaction to inappropriate or problematic behavior on the track or in the paddock. This can result in probation and / or “time out” from our DE events for 13 months with reassessment before return permitted. So PLEASE, drive safe, smart and have a great weekend. As always, it’s not just the cars, it’s the people!
Friday - $185 for all drivers
Saturday / Sunday - $415 for drivers, $185 for instructors
Potomac requires your car to be inspected no more than 30 days prior to the event (AND must be the only event for the car after getting that inspection!!) Potomac may be offering a free tech inspection, please see Tech Inspections for more details and to download the required Tech form.
All drivers must be at least 18 yrs old and have a valid drivers license.
- We require prior training before participating in our DEs -- see the FAQ link above, question "What's the best way to start?" for more details.
- Our events are open to all marques.
- You do not need to be a PCA member to participate.
- Registration closes a week prior to the event (late registrations are risky due to capacity).
- You may notice your event status is yellow / "New" - until it becomes green / "Confirmed", you only have a place in line not an actual slot in the event. (Or if you see "Waitlist"...keep your fingers crossed for an opening!) We will contact you again via email prior to the event to confirm acceptance at which time you will also receive instructions about billing and the date your credit card will be billed.
- Green students are expected to attend all days of the DE, particularly the first day, for safety reasons.
- Sorry, we don't offer single-day or prorated registration.
- IF YOU CAN'T PARTICIPATE, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CANCEL.
- Event waivers will be provided for review and required signatures at on-site event registration.
- Full coverage rubber-soled shoes, long sleeved and legged clothing, and socks required. Natural-fiber clothing highly recommended. Drivers’ suits, gloves, shoes and neck brace made of fire-resistant materials recommended but not required.
- Potomac accepts only credit cards for payment. You are responsible for maintaining valid credit card information in your profile.
- We bill your credit card on the Sunday four weeks prior to the event. An email will be sent a week before billing to notify you of the anticipated charge date and the cancellation policy. We only bill Confirmed drivers, not waitlisted drivers.
- Billing problems result in notification by email with 48 hours to resolve the issue. Check your email account associated with your MSR profile. If you do not correct the issue within 48 hours, your registration will be canceled. Reinstatement of a registration canceled for this reason will incur a $50 admin fee and require immediate payment with a valid credit card.
- Credit card and billing information use secure connections and are encrypted. You are the only person who has access to your card number. We only see the last four digits for billing.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND
- You may cancel for any reason and without penalty before credit card billing on the Sunday four weeks prior to the DE. If a documented Covid-19 related event occurs including exposure, illness, or quarantine after billing and prior to the event, please cancel in MSR and Email Dechair@pcapotomac.org regarding possible refund.