About this event
Interested in learning more about High Performance Driving?
Come and experience the exhilaration and fun that comes from driving your car on a road course track in this Introduction to High Performance Driver Education (HPDE)! This event is open to all men and women, not just PCA members, and no previous track experience is required.
Hosted by the St Louis Region Porsche Club of America, this one-day event (7AM - 5PM) will provide you the opportunity to:
- Learn about high performance driving fundamentals through group class sessions
- Experience the excitement of driving four sessions on the track throughout the day
- Meet and socialize with others who share your interest in cars and driving
Drivers will be grouped for track sessions according to their prior track experience, either Beginner (no previous experience) or Novice (limited previous experience). All drivers will be assigned a National PCA instructor who will provide in-car guidance and encouragement.
With a keen focus on safety, passing is allowed only under controlled circumstances, as this is NOT racing, nor is it a racing school.
photo credit: Lily Kleinhenz
Breakfast, Lunch, Water and Snacks are all provided compliments of our fantastic sponsors! Please help us thank them by visiting their shops for ALL your vehicle needs.
- Porsche St Louis for all things Porsche...cars, both new and pre-owned; parts, service and merchandise.
- ET Tuning a full service automotive shop for street and track cars: high performance enhancements, track upgrades, and more.
- West County Auto Body the best full service mechanical and auto body repair shop in St Louis.
- St Louis Best Films and Coatings specializing in Premier Car Paint Protection, Ceramic Coating, Window Tinting, Car Wraps, and more.
- JML Audio experts in vehicle enhancements including audio, video, cameras, radar and laser detection/blocking, nav, security, etc.
- On-site Tech and Registration open on Sunday at 6:15AM. Tech closes at 7:20 and Registration closes at 7:30 sharp, LATE ARRIVALS WILL FORFEIT THEIR FIRST SESSION ON TRACK
- Section One of your Tech Inspection must be completed by a certified mechanic no more than 30 days prior to the event. (Instructors may self-tech.). Section Two will be completed at the track the morning of the event, watch for more details on this in an email.
- If you have reserved a loaner helmet, please bring your Driver’s License into Registration in exchange for the helmet.
- All guests must check in with the Registration office to sign a waiver and receive a guest wristband.
- Vehicle numbers will be provided at registration, they are to be placed at the outside, top, center of your windshield.
Intro Event Run Groups
- White Group 0 - Instructors
- Yellow Group 3 - Novice
- Green Group 4 - Beginner
- Participants must be 18 years of age and present a valid state issued driver's license at track registration.
- Any street legal car is acceptable, no vans, trucks or SUVs, however, Porsche Macan and Cayenne are allowed.
- Participants with limited or no prior experience will be assigned an in-car instructor.
- Safety helmet required, Snell rated SA2015, M2015 or newer. We have free loaner helmets available, choose Loaner Helmet option at registration. (If you're bringing a helmet, a sticker indicating the helmet year can be found inside the helmet, under the padding.)
- Safety "Tech" Inspection: Every vehicle must be inspected by a qualified technician no more than 30 days prior to the event. Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the individual owner/driver to ensure the safe operation and maintenance of their vehicle. Random inspections may be made at the track to insure vehicles conform to safety requirements. Vehicles failing inspection at the track may be disqualified from participation without refund. Download and print the 2022 Tech Inspection Form here.
- STL PCA High Performance Driver's Education is not a race nor a race school, there are no timed events. HPDEs are instructional events for the purpose of developing and improving vehicle high-performance handling skills.
- The safety of personnel and participants is of utmost importance. Violation of safety protocols, reckless and/or unsafe behavior of any kind will not be tolerated, including passing without a point by, and may result in paticipation termination.
- Clothing requirements: Comfortable, non-synthetic clothing; cotton or wool are strongly recommended. Long pants are required (absolutely no shorts) and long-sleeved shirts are recommended, however, short-sleeved shirts are allowed if the weather is hot. Closed-toe shoes, preferably ones with a smooth sole (no heel).
- PCA members must include membership number and expiration date to receive discounted price.
- All cancelled registrations will result in a $35 administrative fee. No refunds for cancellations within 2 weeks of the event unless the spot can be filled from the waitlist.
- Requirements regarding SUVs, Vehicle Sharing, Convertibles and 5-6 Point Harnesses can be found here HPDE Vehicle Requirement Additional Info Please email any questions regarding these requirements at least two weeks prior to the event.
- Failure to comply with the rules and requirements of the event may result in a registration cancellation without refund.
Information for Beginner and Novice Drivers:
- Frequently Asked Question HPDE FAQs
- Helpful Track Terms Common Motorsports Terminology
- How to Prepare for a Track Weekend Pre-Track Prep