About this event
Don't miss the excitement, the fun and the opportunity to improve your driving skills at a High Performance Driver Education (HPDE) weekend with the Porsche Club of America - St. Louis Region. Held at World Wide Technology Raceway, just minutes from downtown St Louis, you'll drive on a portion of the same track as Indy and Nascar drivers, then wind your way through the infield road coarse of the 2.0 mile Roval (Road+Oval).
Everyone is welcome, you do not need to own a Porsche or be a PCA member to register! Most makes and models of sports cars and sedans are eligible to participate.
Five (5) Run Groups
- White Group 0 - Instructors
- Red Group 1 - Advanced
- Blue Group 2 - Intermediate
- Yellow Group 3 - Novice
- Green Group 4 - Beginner
Drivers will be grouped for track sessions according to their prior track experience, please list all previous experience in your MSR profile for proper group placement. Drivers with limited or no prior HPDE experience will be coached by a PCA trained, in-car instructor during all track sessions. In addition, beginner participants will receive valuable classroom instruction throughout the weekend.
Our DE events fill up quickly, so register early to avoid disappointment! Once the event is full, registrants will be placed on a wait list and contacted if openings develop. Your registration is not considered complete until your fee is paid in full. Garage space is limited and allotted according to registration date/time.
Breakfast, Lunch, Water and Snacks are provided compliments of our fantastic sponsors!
Help us thank them by visiting their shops for all your vehicle needs.
- Porsche St Louis for all things Porsche...cars, both new and pre-owned, parts, service and merchandise! www.porschestlouis.com
- ET Tuning a full service automotive shop for street and track cars: high performance enhancements, track upgrades, and more. www.ettuning.com
- West County Auto Body the best full service mechanical and auto body repair shop in St Louis! www.westcountyauto.com
- St Louis Best Films and Coatings specializing in Premier Car Paint Protection, Ceramic Coating, Window Tinting, Car Wraps, and more. www.stl-best.com
- JML Audio experts in vehicle enhancements including audio, video, cameras, radar and laser detection/blocking, nav, security, etc! www.jmlaudio.com
Friday is limited to Advanced Drivers and Instructors only.
Qualified drivers must either be an Instructor or have run solo with us for at least one FULL weekend in the St. Louis Region PCA's HPDE Intermediate or Advanced Group. If you're intersted and meet the qualifications, but haven't participated in a Solo Friday before, please email for approval.
*******ALL EVENT INFORMATION AND DOWNLOADS ARE AT THE BOTTOM********
- Participants must be 18 years of age and present a valid state issued driver's license at track registration.
- Participants with limited or no prior experience will be assigned an in-car instructor.
- Safety helmet required, Snell rated SA2015, M2015 or newer. (A sticker indicating the helmet year can be found inside the helmet, under the padding.) We have a limited number of free loaner helmets available, for first time participants only, choose Loaner Helmet option at registration.
- Safety "Tech" Inspection: Every vehicle must be inspected by a qualified technician no more than 30 days prior to the event. Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the individual owner/driver to ensure the safe operation and maintenance of their vehicle over the weekend. Random inspections may be made at the track to insure vehicles conform to safety requirements. Vehicles failing inspection at the track may be disqualified from participation without refund. Download and print the 2022 Tech Inspection Form here.
- STL PCA High Performance Driver's Education is not a race nor a race school, there are no timed events. HPDEs are instructional events for the purpose of developing and improving vehicle high-performance handling skills.
- The safety of personnel and participants is of utmost importance. Violation of safety protocols, reckless and/or unsafe behavior of any kind will not be tolerated, including passing without a point by and may result in paticipation termination.
- Clothing requirements: Comfortable, non-synthetic clothing, cotton or wool are strongly recommended. Long-sleeved shirts, long pants (no shorts). Closed-toe shoes, preferably ones with a smooth sole (no heel).
- PCA members must include membership number and expiration date to receive discounted price.
- All cancelled registrations will result in a $35 administrative fee. No refunds for cancellations within 2 weeks of the event unless the spot can be filled from the waitlist. Failure to comply with the rules and requirements of the event may result in a registration cancellation without refund.
- Requirements regarding SUVs, Vehicle Sharing, Convertibles and 5-6 Point Harnesses can be found here HPDE Vehicle Requirement Additional Info Please email any questions regarding these requirements at least two weeks prior to the event.
- 2022 DE TECH INSPECTION FORM
- EVENT SCHEDULE
- WWTR Facility & Parking Map.pdf
- WWT 2.0 TRACK MAP rev3.pdf
- HPDE FAQs.docx.pdf
- Pre-Track Prep 2022.docx.pdf
- Common Motorsports Terminology-2.pdf