About this event
*NOTICE*: Due to community constraints on the RMM track, the event date has moved to September 21st. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
This is a WRR PCA event that is open to the general public. In addition to lapping sessions for everyone, novice track participants will benefit from PCA’s HPDE Driver training. This will include a pre-requisite classroom training held prior to track day to maximize seat time, as well as on track training. You will be enrolled in the robust, PCA HPDE Program designed to help you learn and lap safely.
Registration is limited to 30. You will be wait-listed if that number has been exceeded.
Registration Fee: $450.
I. Classroom Training
A. Orientation for All (30 min)
B. Classroom Training For Novices and Beginners (1.5 hr)
Location: Lugnutz Lugnutz | A modern, fully equipped self-service facility for automotive enthusiasts.
190 – 500 Barlow Square SE
Calgary, AB T2C 5S5
Date: September 15, 6:30-8:30 PM
“On-site” Tech Inspection will be conducted.
II. Track Session
Location: Rocky Mountain Motorsport Rocky Mountain Motorsports - Calgary, AB (rockymotorsports.com)
Date: Monday, September 21st 5-8:30 PM
Please be there early enough before 5 PM, to give yourself time to check-in and Tech Inspected if not performed at Training session.
Registration: 4:30- 5 PM
Event End: 8:00 PM
Refreshments: Sandwiches and cold beverages will be available
If possible please arrive at the track at 4:30 pm. Because this is our 1st event we will have a lot of things to do and being a new track with all new procedures it will take time. The GPS system will be running so you will need to rent a GPS unit for $10.00 (included) and if you do not have a valid helmet you will need to rent one also for $10.00. Please bring cash.
Non-PCA members are welcome. Cars with convertible/cabriolet tops must have factory or aftermarket roll-over protection, and will run with the top up.
Participants must be 18 years old or older to drive at a PCA DE.
Here is simply what you need to attend:
- A car in safe running condition. All Porsches are eligible to run.
- You must have a WRR PCA Tech Inspection performed and form PCA HPDE Technical Inspection Form - WRR Performance Driving Events - PCA Wild Rose Region (porsche.ab.ca) completed within 4 weeks of the event by a certified mechanic. While you may pick any suitable mechanic, see WRR PCA Driving Event Technical Inspections - Vendor Special Deals - WRR Performance Driving Events - PCA Wild Rose Region (porsche.ab.ca) for vendors that we have arranged special WRR pricing for PCA members. They are familiar with the standards. The form must be submitted at the time of registration.
- RMM has sound restrictions. Your vehicle must have a muffler, and may be subject to a sound check. One participant has had to install a quieter muffler to attend.
- While normal up to date car maintenance is usually sufficient, your brake fluid must have been replaced in the last 12 months.
- To help arrange run groups, please complete the following questionnaire : High Performance Driving Education Participant Profile Form - WRR Performance Driving Events - PCA Wild Rose Region (porsche.ab.ca) and send to email@example.com
- An approved helmet (Snell SA 2015 or SA 2020 rated or FIA equivalent). $10 Rentals are available at the track.