About this event
Wild Rose Region (WRR) of the Porsche Club of America (PCA) is starting off the High Performance Drivers Education (HPDE) season with the PCA WRR HPDE Powered by Riegel Tuning, a full day track day at Rocky Mountain Motorsport (RMM) on May 27, 2023!
The PCA WRR HPDE Powered by Riegel Tuning is open to the general public.
In addition to lapping sessions for everyone, novice track participants will benefit from PCA’s HPDE Driver training. This will include a pre-requisite classroom training held prior to track day to maximize seat time, as well as on track training. You will be enrolled in the robust, PCA HPDE Program designed to help you learn and lap safely. Registration is limited. You will be wait-listed, if that number has been exceeded.
PCA Member Participant Primary Driver Fee: $595
PCA Member Secondary Driver: Novice/Beginner: $300; (sold out) Intermediate/Advanced Driver $200. Secondary driver must complete their own registration.
Early Bird Discount (EBD) (expired): $95
- Registrants who sign up before 11:59 PM MT, March 12, 2023, are eligible for EBD.
- EBD will be automatically refunded, after the target number of Participants is met.
- First 10 Registrants will receve a free track and alignment inspection at Riegel Tuning (worth $99).
- NOTE: $95 EBD will only be available, if the event meets a target of 36 Participants.
Non-PCA Member: Add $30.
Cancellation & Refunds:
- Request for refunds of Participant Registration Fees must be claimed before 11:59 PM MT, March 12, 2023. There will be no refunds after this date.
- Event may be cancelled by the organizer, if the minimum number of participants have not registered by March 27, 2023.
NOTE DATE CHANGE FOR CLASSROOM
I. Classroom Training
A. Orientation for All (30 min)
B. Classroom Training For Novices and Beginners (1.5 hr)
190 – 500 Barlow Square SE Calgary, AB (403.281.8878)
and online Webinar via Zoom
Date: May 25, 2023
Time: 6:30-8:30 PM
Early “On-site” Tech Inspection will be conducted.
ll. Track Session
Location: Rocky Mountain Motorsport - Calgary, AB (rockymotorsports.com)
Date: Saturday, May 27, 2023, 9 AM-4:30 PM Please be there early enough before 8:30 AM, to give yourself time to check-in and On-Site Tech Inspected, if not already performed at Training session.
Registration: 8:30- 9:00 AM
Event End: 4:30 PM
Lunch will be provided.
If possible, please arrive at the track before 8:30 AM. You will need to obtain a GPS unit (included in the registration), and if you do not have a valid helmet you will need to rent one for $10.00 (cash only).
Non-PCA members are welcome. Cars with convertible/cabriolet tops must have factory or aftermarket roll-over protection, and will run with the top up.
Participants must be 18 years old or older to drive at a PCA driving event..
Here is simply what you need to attend:
- A car in safe running condition. All Porsches are eligible to run.
- You must have a WRR PCA Tech Inspection performed and form PCA HPDE Technical Inspection Form - WRR Performance Driving Events - PCA Wild Rose Region (porsche.ab.ca) completed within 4 weeks of the event by a certified mechanic. While you may pick any suitable mechanic, see WRR PCA Driving Event Technical Inspections - Vendor Special Deals - WRR Performance Driving Events - PCA Wild Rose Region (porsche.ab.ca) for vendors that we have arranged special WRR pricing for PCA members. They are familiar with the standards. The form must be submitted at the time of registration.
- RMM has sound restrictions. Your vehicle must have a muffler, and may be subject to a sound check. One participant has had to install a quieter muffler to attend.
- While normal up to date car maintenance is usually sufficient, your brake fluid must have been replaced in the last 12 months.
- To help arrange run groups, please complete the following questionnaire : High Performance Driving Education Participant Profile Form - WRR Performance Driving Events - PCA Wild Rose Region (porsche.ab.ca) and send to email@example.com
- An approved helmet (Snell SA 2015 or SA 2020 rated or FIA equivalent). $10 rentals are available at the track.