About this event
This event is for new drivers or seasoned drivers, as well as those who want to improve their driving skills. The one day event is spent learning, practicing and experiencing car dynamics through a series of 3 key skills, all of which require you to learn to look ahead while driving:
1) Smooth Steering on a Slalom Course - Understand how to navigate your car smoothly through a set of cones. Recognize where you want your car to go. You will learn how to drive where the cones aren't.
2) Threshold and Trail Braking - Learn how to control your car in an emergency situation. You will understand more about your car's capabilities and how to manage them. Learn how to successfully maneuver around obstacles (just as if you have a deer in the headlights) while slowing your car.
3) Skid-Pad Activities - Drive on a skid-pad where you will have the opportunity to experience your car breaking traction and then learn how to regain traction in a safe environment. Feel the balance and learn how to steer your car with the throttle.
4) Autocross - After the car control clinic we are offering the rest of the afternoon as a complete autocross so that you can can practice and test your newly learned skills.
For more information on PCA-SAR Car Control Clinc go to http://pcasar.com/car-control-clinic.html
For the latest event information please go to http://www.pcasar.com/
Registration fee is $60.00.
Registration is limited to 50 drivers so sign-up early. No onsight registration.
Note: This is an excellent track for spectators so bring your friends and family.
Excess drivers will be placed on a waiting list. Waiting list priority:
1. PCA instructors, willing to instruct
2. SAR members
1. You can review the autocross rules by clicking http://www.zone8.org/assets/docs/2014/2014Z8Rules.pdf .
2. No onsight registration.
3. A valid State Driver's License must be presented/showed at the event registration desk.
Tech and registration 8:30
Instructor Mtg 8:45
Drivers Mtg 9 AM
First Exercise at 9:15
Lunch Break: 12:00
AX: 1300 to 1600 hrs