About this event
Are you looking for a way to spend time with your Porsche Club friends and your family? This event is for you! A picnic is a fun way to introduce your kids to the club and meet other Porsche nuts. There will be plenty of things to do with your littles and big kids all while enjoying other Porsche club friends. Of course the picnic is open to all members regardless of if you bring kids or not.
This is a first time event and we hope to have more in the future!
WHEN and WHERE
- When: Sunday, May 7th
- Where: Avalon 104 Pavilion in Patapsco Valley State Park (Avalon area, exit off of US 1/South St near Elkridge). GPS coordinates: 39.29472, -76.78583)
- Parking: parking will be covered with the cost per car, you'll need to state "Avalon 104 with PCA" at the gate so you are not turned away if the line is long
- The park opens at 9 am and the parking line can get long the later you arrive.
- Activities will begin at 11 am with picnic food provided around 12 pm (snacks always available)
- Feel free to stay until sunset but the event will be packed up by 2-3 pm
FOOD and DRINKS
- Picnic food like burgers and hot dogs will be provided
- Kid friendly snacks will be available (a must for young kids!)
- Non-alcoholic beverages will be provided
- Alcohol can be brought in by participants if desired (must be consumed at the pavilion)
- Registration closes Thursday, May 4th.
- Attendance is limited to 100 people (you will be placed on the waitlist if the limit is met but may be contacted should anyone cancel and there is availability).
- $8 per adult and children 13+
- $3 per child 12 and under
- the registration fee includes entrance into the park, food, and drink
- The entry list and count will only show primary registrant's name for each additional attendee which reflects the total registrant count.
THINGS TO DO
- Kid friendly activities:
- Playground next to the pavilion (bathrooms too)
- Ball fields
- Short walk to the Patapsco River
- Ride or walk to the 300-foot Swinging Bridge
- Many hiking and biking areas to explore
- Other activities: Horseshoes, Cornhole, Volleyball
WHAT TO BRING
- You and your family!
- Water shoes/change of clothes if you plan to walk and play in the river
- Frisbees, footballs, and other outdoor games
- Optional: bikes, hiking boots to enjoy the park
- We'll bring bug spray but you may prefer your own brand
- Questions? Contact the registrar, Meilyng, by clicking the "Contact" button.
- If you have already registered and need help to cancel your registration, refer to this link for detailed instructions.
- For cancellations after the May 4th registration close date, refunds will be given only if your registration can be filled by someone on the waitlist.