About this event
All entrants MUST register online by the deadline. ➤ ➤ ➤
There will NOT be an opportunity to register late or on-site at the event!
Join us for our 47th Annual Season of Ice Racing! Our ice races feature full-size 4WD and AWD vehicles of all types.
The Sunday Fun Day Track was a hit in 2021, so we're bringing it back! This event is specifically for people who just want the experience of driving on ice without the pressure of competition. You can read the complete details on the registration form, but in short, entrants will have a dedicated track to take as many practice laps as they can make within a 4 hour window. The entry price is a bit higher due to the guaranteed time window, but is charged per vehicle, so it can be split amongst multiple drivers.
Entry Limitations Based On Ice Condition
We had to cancel all of our events during the 2022 season as it would have been unsafe for us to have the 50-60 cars that we normally have registered on Sunday out on the ice at the same time. This season, we will be limiting registrations based on ice conditions so that we can hold the events with fewer vehicles on the lake rather than completely canceling them.
In evaluating the ice conditions, we will be taking into consideration the thickness of the ice, as measured in 6 to 10 spots around the lake in addition to how soon the lake freezes prior to the season and how many freeze/thaw cycles the lake is seeing throughout the season. For ideal conditions, we need the ice to be at least 12 inches thick and for the weather to consistently remain below freezing.
Based on our observations, we will determine how many vehicles the ice can safely accommodate with proper distancing and we will limit registrations based on these determinations. When the number of vehicles needs to be limited, we will limit registrations in the following order:
- Limit Sunday Fun Day Track entries
- Cancel the Sunday Fun Day Track event
- Only allow vehicles in the active heat onto the lake
- Reduce all class sizes to 8 participants
- Cancel the Competition Cheater class for ice preservation
When registrations need to be limited, entries will be accepted on a first come, first served basis according to the time that the registration was received. For example, if we need to limit our event to 8 vehicles on the ice and 16 people registered for the Street Bare Rubber class, we will accept the first 8 registrations received and the remainder will be canceled and refunded.
Events on Saturday, February 11th
- NO SATURDAY EVENTS THIS WEEKEND
Events on Sunday, February 12th
- Sunday Fun Day Track
- Street Bare Rubber
- Pro Street Bare Rubber
- Competition Bare Rubber
- Ice Racing in Competitive Brackets: $26.50 per driver per class
- Sunday Fun Day Practice Track: $59.99 per vehicle (up to 4 drivers)
- Volunteers for Tech, Track, Greeters and Registration should be at the lake at 7:00am to start setting up
- Drivers must go through Tech Inspection and check in between 7:30am and 8:30am
- Mandatory Driver's Meeting is at 9:00am
- Run order is announced at the Driver's Meeting and races start as soon as it ends
Registration may close sooner for some events if they fill up.
Please read a current copy of the rules before registering to compete: LINKED HERE
All of our events are for full-size four-wheel drive or all-wheel drive vehicles only! We do not allow UTVs, ATVs, motorcycles, snowmobiles, etc. to participate in our events.
Ice racing is a form of off-road racing, so vehicles should have a minimum of 6" of clearance and some classes will require more. At times, the lake will have a lot of snow or the track may have bumps, ruts, or undulations that could cause problems for lowered or low-clearance vehicles.
- All race competitors (not including Fun Day Track participants) are required to help run a class that they are not participating in by flagging corners, helping stage, or any other duties necessary to safely run the event, as others will be volunteering to run YOUR class. As such, you are reminded to dress warmly, as you may need to stand out in the cold for extended periods of time. Ice traction grips (Yaktrax, Kahtoola, Korkers or similar) for your shoes are also recommended because falling down hurts. They are available at REI, but there are similar products on Amazon for less.
If you are not prepared or refuse to help out, you may not be permitted to participate.
- You will be required to show your Driver's License and sign our waiver when you check in at the lake.
- You will be required to show proof of insurance for your vehicle if we don't have it on file here.
- Your vehicle must pass a tech/safety inspection prior to check in, so please ensure that your vehicle meets class requirements, is in good condition, and is not leaking any fluids.
- Helmets are required in all Competition Division classes and in the Pro Street Rally and Pro Street Studs classes. We have a limited number of helmets available to rent on a first come, first served basis at Registration. You will need to leave your Driver's License to take a helmet.