About this event
Located at the gateway to the Sonoma Valley wine country and just 35 miles from the Golden Gate Bridge, Sonoma Raceway is Northern California's premier motorsports destination. The 1,600-acre facility is home to a challenging 12-turn, 2.52-mile road course that features 160 feet of elevation change. Sonoma Raceway hosts more than 340 days of on-track activity each year including nationally-televised NASCAR, NHRA and Ferrari Challenge, SVRA and GT World Challenge America events.
- Vehicles are to conform to SCCA Pro Racing regulations.
- Valid Competition License from NASCAR, Grand-Am, SCCA, FIA, NASA, SVRA, VARA, INEX, HMSA, CFRA, PCA, BMWCCA, HSR, IMSA, CSRG and Star Mazda.
- Rookie, Novice, Provisional, Time Trial licenses, driving school certificates, resumes and logbooks are NOT substitutions for a Competition License and will not be accepted.
- Bring your license with you to sign-in, the morning of your pre-scheduled test day.
- In addition to a valid competition license, drivers age 16 and 17 years old must also have a completed minor waiver for testing, as well as a letter from the same parent stating their permission for their child to test that covers 1/1/21 - 12/31/21.
- Your competition license must be valid at the time of registration.
Testing check-in is located at the Guest Services building located at Gate 1. Bring your driver's license and competition license, wear a mask and practice social distancing.
Test Day Schedule
- 7 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Guest Services open for driver check-in
- 8:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Hot Track, Open Testing
- 12:00 p.m. - TRACK CLOSED FOR PRIVATE EVENT
- When parking race trailers or haulers in the paddock, participants must maintain a 20' separation between pit areas.
- No more than four crew members, plus the driver, per car.
- All participants and crew, when not in the race car, are required to wear face masks.
- When working on cars in the pit area, participants must keep a minimum 6' social distance between other crew members or staff.
- No passengers are allowed in race cars.
- In the event of an incident on track, drivers must remain in their cars while safety crews assess the scene.
- If a car is disabled and needs to be taken into the paddock by a recovery vehicle, the driver will be transported back to their pit area by the ambulance.
Events will be held with strict COVID-19 guidelines in place, including:
- Face masks covering your mouth and nose must be worn at all times. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Maintain at least six feet of social distance from people not in your household. Security staff will be in place to monitor social distancing requirements throughout the property.
- Spectators are not allowed to enter Sonoma Raceway.
- Each participant is limited to no more than two people per car/entry (driver plus one support person). Drivers and their support person must enter the facility in the same car, with appropriate credentials, to ensure/enforce attendance limits. Support person pays a $10 entrance fee.
- Drivers are recommended to stay in their cars when in staging lanes.