About this event
Located at the gateway to the Sonoma Valley wine country and just 35 miles from the Golden Gate Bridge, Sonoma Raceway is Northern California's premier motorsports destination. The 1,600-acre facility is home to a challenging 12-turn, 2.52-mile road course that features 160 feet of elevation change. Sonoma Raceway hosts more than 340 days of on-track activity each year including nationally-televised NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR Truck Series, ARCA and NHRA races along with Ferrari Challenge, SVRA and GT World Challenge America events.
- Vehicles are to conform to SCCA Pro Racing regulations.
- Valid Competition License from NASCAR, Grand-Am, SCCA, FIA, NASA, SVRA, VARA, INEX, HMSA, CFRA, PCA, BMWCCA, HSR, IMSA, CSRG, Star Mazda and ICSCC.
- Rookie, Novice, Provisional, Time Trial licenses, driving school certificates, resumes and logbooks are NOT substitutions for a Competition License and will not be accepted.
- We do not keep a copy of your racing license on file. You must bring your license with you to sign-in, the morning of your pre-scheduled test day.
- Your competition license must be valid at the time of registration.
- In addition to a valid competition license, drivers age 16 and 17 years old must also have a completed minor waiver for testing, as well as a letter from the same parent stating their permission for their child to test that covers 1/1/22 - 12/31/22.
Testing check-in is located at the Guest Services building located at Gate 1. Bring your driver's license and competition license, wear a mask and practice social distancing.
Test Day Schedule
- 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Guest Services open for driver check-in
- 8:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Hot Track, Open Testing
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. - 4:00p.m. Hot Track, Open Testing
- No more than four crew members, plus the driver, per car.
- No passengers are allowed in race cars.
- In the event of an incident on track, drivers must remain in their cars while safety crews assess the scene.
- If a car is disabled and needs to be taken into the paddock by a recovery vehicle, the driver will be transported back to their pit area by the ambulance.
- Driver support staff and/or guests pay $10 entrance fee.
- Please stay home if you are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Try to maintain at least six feet of social distance from people not in your household..
- Drivers are recommended to stay in their cars when in staging lanes.