About this event
NWAA @ ORP! September 20th, 2020
$200/driver, 60 Drivers max. 3 Run groups
- Group A First time at ORP - 20 driver limit , for the beginner road course driver. Recommended to have multiple Autocross, other on track experience or Hillclimb(s)
- Group B Intermediate - 20 driver limit , Driver's having more track experience (including other tracks) and/or multiple times at ORP.
- Group C Advanced - 20 driver limit , Have run ORP in CCW and CW directions previously, On track driving schools, Years of track events/racing.
Event will run rain or shine
NWAA @ ORP Monday Sept 20th, 2020
- Will be run Clockwise
- This is lapping, not a race.
- This is fun, not a race.
- There is no trophy, it's not a race.
- This is for maximum track time.
- SAFETY FIRST.
Again, this is NOT a race. Or a competition. Point to pass, pay attention to your mirrors.
Pay attention to people waiting to pass you and be ready. You wouldn't want to get stuck behind someone slower than you, be courteous to the more advanced drivers.
In the passing zones when you come around the corner point fellow drivers to pass, to your cars left/drivers side. Give the other driver(s) the WHOLE straight to pass you.If more than one driver is passing you point by each car that you expect to pass you.
Please remember to drive nice and safely in Sherman County. The county was nice enough to let ORP be built, show them courtesy in return.
There is gas available at the track. It is ETHANOL FREE. Check in at the ORP Office with Brenda.Think about Supporting the track!
Limit of 60 cars! 20 per Run Group, 3 Run Groups.
Due to new Covid-19 restrictions, no lunch can be provided.
You need to bring your own lunch.
No drugs or alcohol allowed on the track, anywhere. At all.
BRING LOTS OF WATER.
Bring whole food snacks, eat well, keep your energy up.
- No riders, only Oregon Raceway Park Instructors may ride along. Please ask ahead of time. ORP Policy
- No drugs/alcohol allowed on the track.
- No spills or garbage allowed there. Catch ALL your fluids AND garbage. Put it in the bin or take it with you.
- 2 wheels off the track, you get the black flag.
- 4 wheels off the track and you're coming in for the rest of the session. Do it again, and you're done for the day.
- Convertibles/Open vehicles rules ORP: Please click and read "Roll Over Protection Policy"
- A maximum of 110 dbA will be permitted with a warning at 108 dbA. All cars must have a muffler.
These rules are in place for a reason our safety, if we have to use the ambulance (someone is hurt bad, not good) the event is on hold until another emergency vehicle is on site.
- 5 MPH in the pits/paddock areas MAXIMUM.
- Keep your pit area tight and neat.
- Have fun enjoy all the cool cars and Drivers that are like you!
- Play and share the track with the other Drivers, this is not a race event-do you want to race? Check Out Team Continental!
- Share the track allow passes and then follow, might be fun and you will learn!
Schedule for 2021
Helmets required. Need new gear? ORP sells Pyrotect on site check for availability.
Licensed drivers 18 and older, waivers must be signed by all to enter the track.
We recommend Team Continental Schools, one of the best ways to get up to speed on this great track. School is the best way to make the most out of a Lapping Day, like this event.
Stars Project at Oregon Raceway Park does have rental cars and instructors (call ahead to reserve an instructor), please check with Brenda Pikl Office Manager on the ORP website.