About this event
NHMS is the site of many televised races, including NASCAR Cup and XFINITY series events. What is not usually shown on TV is their 1.6 mile road course with 12 turns and some exciting elevation changes making for a good learning environment for Novices and a challenging and technical drive for our advanced drivers.
MAKE A WISH - CHARITY LAPS AT NOON ON Saturday.
In addition to an hour of lapping the track in your own car, you will be helping to put a smile on the faces of the many children attending. The revenue from these activities as well T shirt sales and generous donations all go to the Make A Wish Foundation, our charity of choice.
All makes and models are welcome at our DE events.
- All participants are encouraged to review the updated PCA National DE Minimum Standards at this link.
- All participants must have the registered vehicle inspected within 30 days of the event. The NCR tech form which can be found at this link must be completed and signed by any approved PCA tech inspector regardless of region, or a factory authorized new car dealer for the vehicle registered, or a repair facility that specializes in servicing the vehicle registered. Other approved NCR inspectors can be found at this link.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age, must have a valid driver’s license. A current driver’s license must be shown at registration.
- Non-participants are not permitted in either student or instructor cars. Non-participants under the age of 18 are allowed only in spectator areas. Instructors riding in student cars and students riding in instructor cars for instructional purposes are permitted. No student may ride with another student.
- Drivers must have completed registration and be through the tech line prior to the driver’s and instructor’s meetings (approximately 8:15 am).
- First time drivers and students at a new track to them should be prepared to let their instructor drive their car for a few laps.
- Tracks will be enforcing sound limits (Lime Rock Park - 88db, Club Motorsports - 94db, NHMS - 99db) at their tracks. You will be expelled from the event after your second offense during any given day.
- There is a mandatory Black Flag pit stop for all spins or two (or more) wheels-off. Two Black Flags for these or other driving infractions in a day are grounds for expulsion from the event.
- All participants must obey all passing rules set forth in the driver’s meeting.
- No non-prescription drugs or alcoholic beverages may be consumed by anyone (participant or guest) during the event. Participants should be aware of the effects of their prescription medications on high performance driving.
- Events are held in the rain and cold weather. No refunds for an event canceled after cars have been on the track, or for participants who do not come to the track when an event is not started. Partial refunds may be available to those who come to the track when an event is not started/canceled.
- R-rated track tires are not allowed in Green and Yellow Run Group unless OEM fit or the car is also driven in an advanced run group. Chief Instructor approvalaturday required.
- Participants must wear long pants, and a long-sleeved shirt (natural, not synthetic fibers), or wear an approved fire-resistant driving suit. Footwear must be enclosed, non-slip, with a relatively smooth sole. Hiking type deep lugged soles are not acceptable.
- A Snell rated 2015 or newer helmet is required. An SA rated helmet is preferred. M and K rated helmets are acceptable. Limited loaners MAY be available and must be pre-arranged with the track chair.
- A head and neck restraint system commonly known as a HANS device, is mandatory for both students and instructors when a five, six or seven-point harness or certain approved 4-point harnesses are in use. All neck restraints must meet SFI 38.1 or FIA 8885 or its successor certifications. A suitable roll bar or roll cage is recommended when race seats, harnesses and neck restraints are in use. A suitable roll bar or roll cage along with race seats, harnesses and neck restraints provides students and instructors with a complete safety system.
- If so equipped, all facets of an Automatic Collision Avoidance System shall be disabled prior to entering the track and driving at speed.
- Windows must be fully down (rain or shine). Window nets are not allowed.
- All Cabriolets/Convertibles must have a roll bar or roll cage installed which meets the "broomstick" rule (the driver's helmeted head is below a bar placed on top of the roll bar and windshield). All Targa tops must be installed unless there is additional roll over protection. All sunroofs must be in the closed position. All open car (no top) occupants must wear arm restraints.
- All Cabriolets/Convertibles with Factory Fitted Popup Rollover Systems must have the system fully deployed before going on track. All factory fitted systems must meet the “broomstick” rule.
Updated April 19, 2023