About this event
The Ozarks Challenge
NASA's Central, Great Lakes, Rocky Mountain and Texas
Get Ready for a great event for all of us who did not get into the Sold Out NASA Championships. 4 Incredible Regions, 3 track filled days!
June event had 235+ entries. You will love this track!
Track info: Ozarks International Raceway, 29211 MO-135, Gravois Mills, MO 65037
RV spots available: 12 spots with 30 amp and 12 with 50 amp $50 per day
Few spots with no electricity $25 per day. All RV's are required to park in the RV area.
5 golf carts available at $50 per day
Email address for golf carts and rv spots: firstname.lastname@example.org
Order your VP fuel before the event at: Fuelorders@ozarksinternationalraceway.com
Something for everyone!
Friday, Sept 16, Saturday, Sept 17.
T+4+3 Rounds 4 and 5, TREC Endurance Race with TEST and TUNE. Test is open to Intermediate (HPDE 3) drivers and above.
Test and Tune Friday. 2 group format. Group A/Comp drivers in race car. Group B/DE 3+.
7 hours of TREC Endurance Races, over 2 great days, Friday, Sept 16 and Saturday Sept 17. T+4+3. Same format as hugely successful April and June TREC Endurance Races. June event had 42 starters!! Use this as seat time, test, practice for the WRL Champs or run the race to win. 9 hours of seat time. Team or solo options. Full weekend of racing available. See race and HPDE options on Sat and Sun.
2022 Rule set. https://drivenasa.com/road-racing/trec/
**Supplemental NASA Central rules. TREC Endurance: Driving Experience is required-HPDE 3 or equivalent to be eligible to participate in this TREC event. All crew members, refueler and fire bottle man, over the wall during fueling are required to be in full safety gear to include full face helmet with visor. The refueler and fire bottle man must be in a 3.2/A-5, SFI 3.3 or better rated shoes/gloves/balaclava/socks. The fuel port shall not be opened until the engine is off. Work on the car and driver changes completed while engine is off.
September, 17 and 18
HPDE, Driving/Race School
Join us for this INCREDIBLE 3 day event of Driving on the newest track in the US.
HPDE - National Auto Sport Association (drivenasa.com) Download and bring your SELF TECH form from this link.
- **Be aware that groups will sell out. Please register early for our HPDE events as they are extremely popular.
- HPDE 1 - NOVICE. NASA's HPDE program includes a minimum of (4) 20 minute sessions, or (3) 30 min sessions per day on the track. All HPDE 1 students will be assigned an instructor for the weekend. This is a sanctioned, comprehensive National Auto Sport Association driving program. Designed to make you a better driver on the track and in your daily car. You will go from classroom to on track learning throughout weekend.
- HPDE 2 - NOVICE. For drivers that have been signed off to drive on their own. Groups 1 and 2 run together. The only difference is that Group 2 has no instructor assignment. Instructors are available to answer questions and you will attend the classroom sessions. On track behaviors are reviewed and knowledge of all safety rules and flags must be learned prior to advancement to HPDE 3.
- HPDE 3 – INTERMEDIATE. Groups 3 and 4 may also run together, typically arranged by fastest group. Saturday will work up to additional passing by the end of the day. Sunday will be a continuation, starting with limited passing in the first session and then adding more passing zones and picking up the pace as the group leader feels appropriate. Advanced on track driving techniques will be introduced in DE 3.
- HPDE 4 - ADVANCED. Open passing, download sessions as scheduled by group leader. May run with Time Trials. The DE 4 group is welcomed to participate in the Time Trial warm up session on Saturday morning. When ready, you will be able to advance from this group to Time Trials or Competition Racing. You may also stay within the DE 4 program to hone and master your driving skills.
- Time Trials (TT) - TT license is required to register. Time Trial licenses from other clubs are generally honored at NASA. Let us check yours. All TT participants must have a transponder and display proper NASA decals.
- Race Groups - NASA National Licensed Competition Drivers and drivers who hold competition licenses with other clubs are welcome. Most Comp licenses transfer to NASA. Number and composition of race groups determined based on entries. All racing rules apply.
- TREC Endurance - Fun and easy way to enter the world of Endurance racing. Open to DE 3 and higher drivers. Caged race car required.
- Competition School – Comp School utilized based on interest. Designed for students who are ready to enter the realm of wheel to wheel racing. Comp School available May 14, at HMP.