MTM New Flagger Training/Drivers School VolunteersWaterford Hills
About this event
Come join the Michigan Turn Marshals, Detroit Region SCCA, and Waterford Hills Road Racing at our annual New Flagger Training weekend.
- Classroom training for new Flaggers will take place on Saturday morning, with on-track hands-on training in the afternoon and all day Sunday.
- New Flaggers are highly encouraged to attend both days to gain the necessary safety training and experience.
- Driver’s training will take place on Saturday with practice races on Sunday, so we will need volunteers of all specialties including existing flaggers to support on track activities..
- An SCCA license is not required at Waterford Hills.
- Plan to arrive by 9:00am and check-in at the base of the tower.
- Lunches and drinks will be provided each day.
- The race days end no later than 6:00pm.
- Camping & Hotel accommodations are available:
- The free track campground is open for the 2023 season! Great wooded sites for tents to motor homes. Choose your lot and stop at the OCSC office and tell them what site you’re on. Any questions call the OCSC office at (248) 623-0444.
- Comfort Inn and Suites is offering a 10% discount on reserved rooms on race weekends. Call (248) 795-1369 using promo code: Waterford Hills Road Racing. Address is 6874 Sashabaw Rd., Clarkston Mich. 48348 (Sashabaw Rd. & I-75 interchange) 3.1 miles from track.
Hope to see you there!
Note that this registration is for volunteer Flaggers only.
- Drivers and Driving Instructors should contact email@example.com.
- Volunteers in other specialties (Tech, Grid, Timing & Scoring, Fire & Rescue, etc) should also contact the appropriate Chief for more info. Names are available on the Waterford Hills website.
If you are between 16 and 18 years of age, you will require a notarized minor consent form signed by a parent or legal guardian in order to participate.
Contact Ron Cech, WHRRI F&C Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org