About this event
The MSR Houston Competition Driving School is designed for aspiring racing drivers. This road racing school will allow you to get your racing license. Participants are educated and coached by the top driving professionals.
On day one, drivers focus on basic and advanced car-control skills. Day two is spent learning the nuances of MSR Houston's challenging circuit. Day three is putting it all together while getting up to speed to conclude the program. The schedule each day will be from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Lunch will be provided for students.
Drivers are eligible for an SCCA Full Competition License upon graduation. This allows drivers to immediately go racing with the SCCA anywhere across the country, without having to work off any sort of permit.
A minimum number of 4 students are required to go forward, preferably 6. Should a school have less than that, we will contact the registered drivers regarding rescheduling. Racecar rentals made less than one week before the school are subject to availability. Questions? Email Kurt
THINGS TO KNOW...
THERE IS A $300 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT TO SECURE YOUR REGISTRATION FOR THE SCHOOL.
You do not need to apply for a novice license before this school.
You will need to bring the following safety gear with you.
- HANS (not required by us, but will need it to do racing)
- Racecar or Dedicated track car(if not renting one)- no street cars
Additional items that will speed up processing of license
- Medical Form (License will not be processed by SCCA without a current Medical Release
- NEW!! Joining SCCA (www.scca.com) - They now require an electronic waiver, doing this before will only speed the process up after the school.
- Picture (Headshot has to be submitted with annual waiver)
This link will take you to the SCCA Medical Release Form. It is strongly recommended that you have your doctor fill out these forms prior to your school. If you are planning to run an upcoming SCCA race, you will need to turn in your completed forms ASAP to ensure your license is processed in time.