About this event
Yes, the Mendocino Tour is back after being canceled last year because of the Pandemic and the year before because of the wild fires. This year we are hopefully going to make it past the Covid - 19 situation. However, out of an abundance of caution and the safety of your fellow members, face masks and social distancing will be enforced except while dining, actively eating or drinking. Wash your hands often and remember, just because you have been vaccinated doesn't mean people around you have been.
The weekend format is the same as it has been for the past ten years:
- Friday tour to lunch (bring your own) at a local winery in the Cloverdale area.
- Tour from lunch to the Mendocino Coast via CA 128. One of the most scenic routes in Northern California
- Friday night social and free night to enjoy Mendocino's great restaurants and sights
- Saturday morning miniature golf
- Saturday afternoon kite flying on the Mendocino Headlands, Bring your own kite.
- Saturday afternoon social to announce winners of the miniature golf outing.
- Saturday night no host dinner at Silver's at the Wharf in Fort Brag
- Sunday return home at your leisure or stay an extra night.
- All the activities are optional
You must make your own hotel reservations. Because of local Covid 19 restrictions, the local inns have instituted some unique room reservation requirements. Most inns are leaving the room vacant for a day or two both before and after each guest leaves. So this makes booking a room NOW, if you plan to participate in the tour. Many folks who signed up for the 2020 tour just moved their reservation by a year and hopefully have already heard from their hotel .
Inns and Hotels we Recommend:
- Little River Inn, Little River (location for the Friday and Saturdy socials)
- HIll House, Mendocino, less expensive of the recommendations and very popular with many participants