About this event
The San Diego Chapter and ///M Chapter of the BMW CCA invite you to join an exclusive opportunity for current BMW Car Club members for a Meet & Greet with the Turner Motorsports Team! We'll meet the team/drivers and get a close up look at the Turner Motorsport BMW M6 GT3 race car, and cheer them on as they fight for a championship in the GT Daytona class of the 2021 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
NOTE: Exact time and location for a group meet up inside the Long Beach GP race venue will be communicated to confirmed attendees a few days before the event.
** PLEASE BE AWARE ** — Health restrictions for the Grand Prix of Long Beach will REQUIRE the wearing of face masks everywhere onsite, along with proof of vaccination or negative COVID test to enter. Please plan to attend only if you can comply with the restrictions. See details below.
You will need to purchase your own GPLB event tickets. Official ticket info: https://gplb.com/ticket-prices/
** IMPORTANT COVID 19 EVENT INFORMATION:
(See full COVID 19 Info and updates at: https://gplb.com/covid-19-info/)
- A new Health Order by the City of Long Beach on August 18, effective on August 19, states that attendees at all outdoor “mega events” – those with attendance of more than 10,000 people – will be required to wear facial coverings in all outdoor and indoor locations, regardless of vaccination status, unless you are actively eating or drinking.
- In addition, the Order states that “the City will require that staff and spectators at the Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach, scheduled for September 24-26, 2021, as one of the largest special events in California, show proof of vaccination or a negative test to enter, and masking for all individuals will be required.”
- As a result of this Order, the Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach is strongly recommending that unvaccinated persons who will need a negative COVID test to enter get a free COVID test no earlier than 72 hours prior to Sept. 24 to avoid any delay of entering the facility.
- Kids from ages 2-11, who are currently not eligible for vaccines, will also require a negative COVID test no earlier than 72 hours prior to Sept. 24. Kids 12 and older can show either a negative COVID test or proof of vaccination.
- In addition, the City of Long Beach will provide rapid COVID testing at all major entryways to the race circuit, starting on Tuesday, Sept. 21 through race weekend. Daily hours of operation will be 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.