About this event
The Las Vegas Region of the Porsche Club of America presents
Driver Education and Open Track Driving at
Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch, Pahrump, NV
November 21 & 22, 2020
The Las Vegas Region of the Porsche Club of America presents two great days of Driver Education and Open Track Driving at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch on November 21 and 22, 2020. We will be running the White, Green and Red run groups only due to COVID-19. The Yellow (or beginning Group) will not be able to participate during this DE Event due to social distancing requirements. Hopefully, we will be able to open the Yellow run group during the March 2021 DE Event.
We are running the 4.0 mile Andretti Course, Option "B"
This option is slightly different from that shown below. It adds the bus stop at the end of the back straightaway.
All car makes are welcome!
Please read this information carefully, as some of our registration and at-track requirements have changed.
Our events focus on Safety, Education and Fun. We usually have a great group of PCA Nationally Trained Instructors available to you in all Run Groups. However, due to the COVID-19 and socially distancing we will not be able to provide this service for this weekend and will not be running the beginning group (Yellow).
We appreciate all the work that the PCA Trained Instructors have done in the past and will do in the future. For this Driver's Education weekend, we will not be having Instructors. The entrance fee for the weekend is the same for all participants.
Our events feature 30-minute driving sessions with four sessions each day.
We will not be able to offer our HPDE Ground/Track School this weekend. The Hospitality tents, carpet, chairs, ice chests with drinks will not be erected or offered this weekend due to COVID-19 Social Distancing.
See the Las Vegas Region Porsche Club of America Web Site for full details of the event at https://lvs.pca.org/driver-education/
Very Important: Please fill out your MotorsportReg.com profile with past experience and emergency contact information.
We run rain or shine.
Registration Fees for this event are:
- Saturday Only: $300
- Sunday Only: $300
- Both Days: $450
REMINDER: Registration closes on November 16, 2020. There will be no registration or fee payment at the track.
These events have become very popular the last few seasons and many have sold out. We also limit the number of cars in each run group for a better driver experience. Your spot in a run group will be determined by your registration date and time.
Guest Driver/Student Waiver Policy:
If you have not previously attended one of our track events, you are considered a Student unless you have completed our Saturday Ground School or have run two clean events with us or had formal racetrack oriented driving instruction, such as a two or three day paid performance driving school at Ron Fellows, Skip Barber, Bob Bondurant, or equivalent academy, or a formal two day HPDE ground/track school with the Porsche Club of America, Audi Club, BMW Club, or equivalent. For experienced intermediate and advanced drivers, this requirement may be waived. In order to obtain the Student Waiver, experienced drivers must have significant, appropriate experience, and be endorsed by other track organizations or PCA regions.
By "significant" we mean more than a few events,
By "appropriate" we mean that such experienced drivers must be able to function in a Driver's Education (as opposed to racing) environment where drivers are given lots of room, passing is via "point-bys," courteous driving is expected and risky behavior is not tolerated.
By "endorsed" we mean that an official from the other driving organization(s) must be able to provide their opinion of your safe behavior on the track and ability to follow event protocol.
If you feel you are a good candidate for a Student Waiver, please do the following:
A) Update your driving experience resume in your Motorsportsreg profile. Be as detailed as possible to give us a good initial review of your track driving experience.
B) If requested, have an official from the other driving organization (as similar to PCA as possible) provide information about your driving experience and their endorsement of your safe behavior on the track and ability to follow event protocol.
Your request and supporting information will be reviewed by us and we will inform you whether your Student requirement has been waived.
Las Vegas Region of Porsche Club of America
November 21 and 22, 2020
Red Run Group Advanced + Spring Mountain Club Members
Green Run Group Intermediate + Spring Mountain Club Members
White Run Group Novice
Saturday, November 21, 2020 Sunday, November 22, 2020
7:00 a.m. Gates open, Temperature 7:00 a.m. Gates open, Temperature
Check, Registration & Tech Review Check, Registration & Tech Review.
There will not be a Driver’s Meeting in the Classroom. There will, however, be a Driver's Meeting located outside at the same location as Tech Review. Make sure you are waering your mask and are socially distancing. In addition, The Driver’s Meeting Notes are included in the Motorsportsreg advertisement. Make sure you read them before you come to the track.
8:00 a.m. Driver's Meeting 8:00 a.m. Driver's Meeting
9:00 a.m. Red Run Group on Track. 9:00 a.m. Red Run Group on Track
9:30 a.m. Green Run Group on Track 9:30 a.m. Green Run Group on Track
10:00 a.m. White Run Group on Track 10:00 a.m. White Run Group on Track
10:30 a.m. Red Run Group on Track 10:30 a.m. Red Run Group on Track
11:00 a.m. Green Run Group on Track 11:00 a.m. Green Run Group on Track
11:30 a.m. White Run Group on Track 11:30 a.m. White Run Group on Track
11:30 a.m. Track closed for Lunch. 11:30 a.m. Track closed for Lunch
12:30 p.m. Red Run Group on Track 12:30 p.m. Red Run Group on Track
1:00 p.m. Green Run Group on Track 1:00 p.m. Green Run Group on Track
1:30 a.m. White Run Group on Track 1:30 a.m. White Run Group on Track
2:00 p.m. Red Run Group on Track 2:00 p.m. Red Run Group on Track
2:30 p.m. Green Run Group on Track 2:30 p.m. Green Run Group on Track
3:00 p.m. White Run Group on Track 3:00 p.m. White Run Group on Track
5:00 p.m. GATES CLOSE 5:00 p.m. GATES CLOSE
1. Due to COVID-19, we how have to follow additional guidelines set by PCA National and State of Nevada. These include the following guidelines:
a. Follow the state and municipal guidelines.
b. All participate and staff will wear masks at all times (except in the car under your helmet). This is for your safety and the safety of everyone on-site.
c. Hand sanitizer, disposable gloves, trash baskets, disposal face masks, cleaners and disinfectants will be provided if you do not have any. However, you should bring your own to ensure there is enough for all.
d. We will limit in-person contact as much as possible between you, other participants and the volunteer staff. There will not be a hospitality tent at this event.
e. You are encouraged to stay home if you are at a higher risk for severe illness. Your temperature will be checked at the gate. If it is higher than 100.4 degrees, you and all the occupants in your car will not be admitted to the event and asked to go home. A refund will be given.
f. The Tech Review will be set up a little differently that in the past to create social distancing. Be prepared for this to take a little longer to complete. Come to the track early to assist in the new format.
g.The Driver's meeting will be in a written format and sent to you via email the week before the event. Please read and understand fully what is included in the notes. Should you have questions contact Todd Trimble at email@example.com.
2. New safety equipment for HPDE: Head and neck restraints are required for all drivers in harness-equipped vehicles. Tech review staff will be checking head and neck restraints expiration dates. This change has been required by a directive from PCA National in 2019.
Head and neck restraints are required for all five or six point harnesses. Also, the same type of restraint system is required for both driver and passenger. Harnesses are required to be SFI or FIA approved for competition and mounted in the manufacturer's approved configuration. Any harness approved for PCA Club Racing is acceptable when installed according to the manufacturer's instructions. Evidence of this approval must be provided by the driver, if necessary. We will be checking expiration dates on harness systems at Tech Review.
If you are running stock/DOT approved 3-point restraint system (stock seat belts) additional head and neck restraints are not required. The Las Vegas Region will not rent/provide head and neck restraint systems. Participants must provide their own systems if required.
3. Gates open at 7:00 a.m. The Mandatory Drivers Meeting will not be held in the classroom this time. The Driver's Meeting will be a three part (One for each Run Group) and be located at the Tech Review area. There also is a written form that should be reviewed prior to arriving at the Track. See attached. DE Written Driver's Meeting Notes.pdf . Attached is the Track Schedule: PCA DE Schedule 091220 (rev 3).docx . You must arrive prior to 8:00 a.m. to ensure you pass the Temperature Check, Registration and attend the Driver's Meeting.
4. All entrants must be 18 years of age and possess a valid state, province or country Driver's License. Be sure to bring it with you to registration check-in. We will be checking them.
5. All car occupants must wear a Snell approved SA rated helmet of 2010 rating or newer.
Helmet Rentals will not be available at the track.
6. We no longer rent transponders.
7. Clothing: Full-length pants, long sleeve shirts. Shoes must be enclosed, non-slip, with a relatively smooth sole. Hiking type deep lugged soles are not acceptable. No short pants allowed. Clothing must be of natural fibers, no synthetics except approved fire resistant material. If the weather is very hot, we MAY declare a "hot day" and allow short sleeves, but don't count on it. Bring long sleeved shirts.
8. All convertibles and “open” cars must have roll bars unless equipped with factory rollover protection, such as Porsche Boxsters and newer Carrera Cabriolets. Convertibles must run with the top closed - this includes T-tops, Targa tops and sunroofs. Faceshields or protective goggles are required in all open cars and cars without a windshield.
9. Arm restraints are required for all open top cars.
10. Occupants must wear a SFI or FIA approved fire resistant driving suit that conforms to PCA Club Racing rules in cars that are race prepped or have had the interior removed. See PCA Zone 8 Rule Book for suit specifications.
11. The Drivers Meeting is MANDATORY for all drivers. Critical topics will be discussed including Flags, Passing Rules and Track Entry/Exit. For this event the Driver's Meeting will be in note form and sent to you via email, the week before the event.
12. A Tech Review Form will be required to be completed prior to the event and brought with you to the track to present to Tech Review. Technical Review Form 2019.pdf
13. The PCA Release and Waiver of Liability form RELEASE_AND_WAIVER_OF_LIABILITY-PCA2009 (1).pdf and the Communicable Disease Exposure and Infection Assumption of Risk, Hold Harmless, Release, Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement form PCA Communicable Disease Waiver 20200625.pdf must also be completed prior to the event and brought with you to the track to present to the Registration desk. Without these three form signed you will not be able to participation in this weekend event.
14. The Tech Review Stations will be separated into three lanes. Red, Green and White. Be sure that you line up in the proper lane. This will speed up the process and get the Run Groups out on the Track as quick as possible.
15. There has been a significant time since most of us have been on Track. Also, we are running a slightly different track layout than we have in the past. To prepare for these changes, we will be running a parade lap, lead by the safety car, for the first session each day followed by one lap under the yellow flag before the green flag drops
We look forward to seeing you there!