About this event
LET’S MEET IN WACO RALLY
October 29, 2022
The Texas Region of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) invites all fellow car enthusiasts to this Trek rally down to Waco. A Trek is a non-competitive driving event on scenic country roads. No questions, puzzles, tricks or traps, or timed controls, just a fun (and stress-free) drive following a pre-determined route using a “convoy style” format. We’ll provide basic route instructions as a back-up only. All are welcome and no prior rally experience is necessary.
We start in Arlington, then wind our way on twisty backroads to Waco, passing through Glen Rose, Meridian and other points before ending at a restaurant in Waco, where we'll enjoy a meal and camaraderie with fellow rallyists from the Lone Star Region (Austin-San Antonio). We’ll stop for a group picture at one or two sites along the way.
- Check-in and starting place: Summit Racing Equipment, 2200 E I-20, Arlington, TX 76018
- Registration/check-in: 8:45 am to 9:15 am on Rally Day
- Safety Briefing: 9:15 am
- Cars leave the start: 9:30 am
- Length: 180 miles (~5 hours)
- Finish: Around 2:00 pm at El Conquistador Mexican Restaurant, 4508 W Waco Dr, Waco, TX 76710, where we will share a beverage or meal with fellow rallyists from the Lone Star Region, who will end their own Waco National Mammoth Monument Rally at this restaurant
- After-lunch: optional visit to Waco sights (Waco Mammoth National Monument, Dr Pepper Museum, Magnolia Market, Texas Ranger Hall of Fame & Museum, etc.) before heading home.
- Rally type: Trek. Non-scored organized scenic drive.
- Route: paved roads in north central Texas; we may encounter brief stretches of uneven pavement, which may influence your choice of vehicle on Rally Day
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: speed is not a factor.
- No requirement for at least two people in each car, unless you separate from the group and rely on (back-up) route instructions
- Contact email@example.com if you have a minor child (<18) in the car, as a form will need to be signed
- Rally entry fee: $10.00 per vehicle (covers insurance and preparation and administration expenses)
- Rally Master: John Poulos
While same-day registration will be allowed, we encourage you to pre-register. To pre-register, page down and click on “Continue”.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With nearly 65,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
This event is sanctioned as a Trek by SCCA, under Sanction Number 22-RRTK-59303; it does not qualify for Regional or National Championship points.
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rally
The driver must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. The car must be in good mechanical condition. If any one of the rally car occupants is a minor (under 18 years old), that person must have an SCCA "Minor Release" signed by a parent in the presence of either the rally registrar or a Notary Public. The form is available from firstname.lastname@example.org, or at registration.
For purposes of liability insurance protection, SCCA has (re)instituted membership requirements for RoadRally participants. There must be at least one SCCA Member in every rally car, either a regular/annual Member or a Trial Member. If not currently a Member, you will be registered as a Trial Member during online pre-registration. If only one of the team is a regular Member, then that Member should complete this registration. The other person(s) will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part).
Note for Members completing the Registration: MSReg verifies your membership against the SCCA database. Your Member number, first name and last name must all match exactly with the SCCA data. The verification uses the name in your MSReg account profile, so please make sure that your name matches the one in your SCCA profile exactly to avoid verification failures (e.g., Steve vs Stephen will cause a mismatch error). If different, we recommend that you update your MSReg account name to match the SCCA data.