About this event
LAPS TRACK DAYS HPDE/OPEN TRACK EVENTS (High Performance Drivers Education)
LAPS TRACK DAYS encourages you to bring your favorite cars, drive all day, relax and have fun. You are part of a group of like-minded enthusiasts seeking the complete experience. To help you get the most out of your day at the track, our experienced instructors can offer advice and show you the proper and fastest way to get around the course. Whether you are a novice or experienced driver, if high performance driving is what you love to do, then LAPS TRACK DAYS is for you!
LAPS is very lucky to have so many great members/drivers that are fun, talented and willing to share their experience to help others grow and develop their skills more quickly. What we have found is if you take the time to get to know the people that you're driving with you will find a new pleasure in your track days. Not only will you be excited to get out on the track and try out your new tires, brakes, suspension, or new skills learned in the off season, but you'll be excited to see your friends and make new ones. Catching up, offering assistance, or just enjoying someones company can become a significant part of your track day experience. It's always nice to see familiar faces and to feel comfortable with your surroundings.
Participants usually get 2.5-3 hours of track time or more per event . We have different pricing available in a tier format which allows you to sign up for all or just pick and choose individual dates you'd like to participate in. Our Pricing is very competitive!
WHAT YOU GET with LAPS TRACK DAYS HPDE/OPEN TRACK EVENTS (High Performance Drivers Education)
- 2.5-3 hours of track time (5 x 30 minute sessions or more)
- We welcome all driving experience levels - Beginner, intermediate, and advanced run groups
- LTD's drivers school available for new drivers
- In car Instruction available for Beginners, Intermediate and advanced driving levels
- Well ran and organized event
- Easy going/low stress environment that's focused on safety, fun and driver advancement
- A structured schedule focused on getting the maximum track time allowable per event
- The most seat time for you dollar
- Social and fun group of like minded enthusiasts
- Easy on Family time - (Allows you more weekend family time)
- Most makes and models welcome (some exceptions)
- Dinner and or drinks post event for socializing and bench racing
- Seat time, seat time, seat time!
If you have any questions or concerns email us or call us direct at 630-205-0055.
TRACK PACKS AND INDIVIDUAL TRACK DAYS AVAILABLE!
Please Choose your preferred TRACK PACK or individual event and get signed up early for next year! Have your track schedule preplanned and on your schedule to prevent life from interfering with your time on the track! If you'd like to pay via credit card please continue to the bottom of each page, press the green continue button to register and to make final payment, otherwise you can just shoot us a check made out to Laps Incorporated for the appropriate amount. Mail it along with your name, track pack and events chosen, mailing address, and email.
LAPS TRACK DAYS 2024
We are planning 9 track DAYS for this season. This year we will be visiting AUTOBAHN COUNTRY CLUB in Joliet, Illinois for SIX days and visiting ROAD AMERICA in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin for THREE separate days!
2024 LAPS INC. TRACK DAY SCHEDULE
- May 15th Road America - Wednesday ADD/Open Track (Experienced Drivers Intermediate & Advanced Drivers ONLY
- June 3rd Autobahn Full - Monday HPDE/Open Track (Beginner, Intermediate, and advanced drivers welcome)
- June 19th Autobahn - Wednesday ADD/Open Track (Experienced Drivers Intermediate & Advanced Drivers ONLY Wednesday pm Events)
- July 8th Autobahn Full - Monday HPDE/Open Track (Beginner, Intermediate, and advanced drivers welcome)
- July 31st Autobahn - Wednesday ADD/Open Track (Experienced Drivers Intermediate & Advanced Drivers ONLY Wednesday pm Events)
- August 14th Road America - Wednesday ADD/Open Track (Experienced Drivers Intermediate & Advanced Drivers ONLY
- August 28th Autobahn - Wednesday ADD/Open Track (Experienced Drivers Intermediate & Advanced Drivers ONLY Wednesday pm Events)
- September 24th Road America - Tuesday ADD/Open Track (Experienced Drivers Intermediate & Advanced Drivers ONLY
- October 14th Autobahn Full - Monday HPDE/Open Track (Beginner, Intermediate, and advanced drivers welcome)
PRICES CHANGE DEPENDING ON WHEN YOU REGISTER. THE EARLIER YOU REGISTER THE LESS YOU PAY!
To pay via credit card click continue at the bottom of each page to register and to make final payment. Otherwise you can just shoot us a check made out to Laps Incorporated for the appropriate amount. Mail it along with your name, track pack and events chosen, mailing address, and email.
17w260 Rodeck Lane
Bensenville, IL 60106
Please feel free to call at anytime with questions or concerns.
Shawn & Kristy Young
LAPS INC. TRACK EVENT RULES
LAPS INC. was formed to give the motorsports enthusiast a place to learn about and enjoy driving their high performance sport cars and sport sedans to their full potential.
The benefits of having a venue to explore the ability of oneself and their machine in a safe environment are unquestionable. Even though we have safe and friendly environments to test are skill level and abilities, we must maintain that safety is the most important element of our events. Therefore we have rules.
These are our basic guidelines as to what we should come to expect from one another on and off the track.
Mandatory Requirements and Pre-event Guidelines
Mandatory Requirements: These Items are the minimum needs for a driver or passenger and are MANDATORY during all high speed lapping sessions. All drivers and passengers must have:
- Long Sleeved Shirt
- Long Pants (No exceptions)
- Closed toed shoes (Must cover entire foot, I.E Driving shoes, Gym shoes/Sneakers)
- SA 2005 or Newer Open or Closed face Helmet. Rental helmets are available at the track for $25.00.
Recommended but not mandatory equipment. I.E. Nomex lined, Drivers suit, Driving shoes, Nomex Socks, Nomex balaclava, Nomex driving gloves, neck brace or a head and neck restraint system such as HANS device, and a properly mounted fire extinguisher
- All LAPS INC. events are self tech.
- All vehicles must have a number on both sides of the vehicle at a minimum. Numbers can be on rear windows, and can be made of tape or shoe polish if necessary. We also suggest a number on the hood of vehicle if possible. Preferably numbers should be at least 8″ high and 2″ wide. You are allowed to use your own choice of numbers.
- It is the owner/Driver of the cars responsibility to ensure that their cars are in top shape and prepped for the track.
- LAPS INC. highly recommends taking your car to your dealership, service center of choice, or your personal mechanic prior to all track events to make sure that your car is prepared for the track.
- Remember to continue to monitor the condition of your vehicle throughout the day keeping in mind that conditions can and will change.
- LAPS INC. is in no way liable or responsible for teching YOUR car for the track.
- Driver’s meeting’s are MANDATORY for all Track pack and individual event participants including, spectators, Novice, intermediate and advanced run groups.
- The driver’s meeting is very informative with information and instructions specific to each run group. Such as passing rules, track etiquette as well as current and changing track conditions.
- Anyone caught not attending (Unless approved by LAPS INC. staff) will be spoken to with a potential loss in track time.
- Classroom/Instruction: Classroom Instruction is MANDATORY for all beginners and everyones welcome to attend for a refresher at anytime.
- Instructors are available and MANDATORY for all first time beginners. Additional instructors may be available for other participants after the first time beginners are assigned their instructors.
General Event Rules and Guidelines
These rules and guidelines apply to all spectators, drivers, and passengers:
- It is MANDATORY that all event liability forms and insurance waivers are filled out and signed prior to or during the registration process at all LAPS INC. track events.
- It is MANDATORY that anyone on the track property must have their appropriate wristbands from registration on at all times during the event.
- It is MANDATORY that all Drivers, and passengers need to be 18 years old (Unless they are approved for our Jr. driving program) to be allowed on track during during all regular driving session’s at our events.
- Spectators of all ages are welcome at no additional charge (unless track specifies)
- LAPS INC. staff as well as the track staff has the right to disallow or remove from premises, any attendee, driver, or vehicle at any time before, during, or after any LAPS INC. event without a refund. Following LAPS INC. and the specific tracks rules is MANDATORY at all LAPS INC. events
Day of Event Rules and Guidelines
On track driving rules and guidelines:
- You must know what all flags look like and their meaning. It is also important to know the locations of the corner workers safety stations.
- Black Flag station – Any on track infractions can or will be given a black flag it is mandatory for you to come and see what the problem is. Remember it may not be anything you’ve done. It could be a mechanical issue with your car. For example – leaking fluid, body parts hanging, tire problems, smoke coming from your car or multitude of other potential problems. Usually the black flag station is located right next to the starter on the grid.
- Prior to heading out to the grid you must have your seat belts buckled, and all MANDATORY safety equipment on. Both the driver and passenger windows down, and completely ready to drive on track.
- Show starter you run group wristband and wait on the grid for the starter to allow you to enter the track. (Never head on track with out the starter or track officials permission)
- Remember no racing is allowed period.
- Once released to go on track it is MANDATORY for you to stay inside of the blend line until the blend line ends.
- Always check your mirrors before moving on line.
- The first lap of each session should be used to warm tires, brakes, and to get the driver up to speed. This lap should be run at a reduced speed.
- Track etiquette. Pay attention to other drivers, your mirrors, and exercise proper on track etiquette. (I.E. If a car is consistently on your rear bumper, he is most likely faster than you. Give him a point by to pass as you enter the next passing zone.)
- Passing Zones are different per run group and it your responsibility to know them.
- It is the responsibility of both drivers involved in a passing situation to make the pass happen in a safe and efficient manner.
- If a pass seems risky or either driver is not comfortable use common sense as well as your best judgement and wait for the next safe passing opportunity.
- All passes must be done after receiving a point by. To give a point by you extend the left arm out the driver’s window and pointing toward the passing side that you would like them to pass you on (Offline).
- Driver being passed must stay online and point by the passing car offline to complete the pass.
- Driver being passed needs to do whatever is needed to help the passing car by in a safe manner (I.E. give an early point, lift off the throttle, or possibly tap the brakes to allow the pass to completed safely and before the braking zone of the next corner) Once the pass is complete continue with your session.
- No passing in the corners is allowed at any time.
- No track horseplay will be tolerated.
- Once the session is over you’ll receive a checkered flag and get 1/2 lap for you and your car to cool down. This will allow your brakes to cool before entering the pit area as well.
- Remember passing is still allowed so make sure you are aware of other participants in your mirrors and allow them by if necessary.
- When exiting the track the driver should extend his left arm out the window straight up with his hand in a fist when entering the corner before the pit entrance. Speed limit in the pit area is 15 mph.
- Once on grid pull off at the specified exit cool down you and your vehicle and drive slowly to your pit space.
- No speeding in the paddock.
- Passengers will only be permitted to ride with instructors and qualified experienced drivers as determined by the event organizers.
- Any spin or loss of control when a passenger is in the car will result in termination of passenger privileges and possible expulsion from the event.
- Three off rule. First off- visit the black flag station and talk with track control. You may resume driving. Second off- visit black flag station and talk with track control. You will be asked to sit out for the rest of the session. Third off- You will be done driving for the day.
The solid black flag is used to summon a driver to the pits. It is usually used to punish a driver or team for disobeying the rules, but may also be used when a car is suffering a dangerous mechanical failure, such as a loose hood or dragging bumper, or even calling a driver to the pits when their radio is not working.
This flag encourages a driver to move aside to allow faster traffic to pass.
The checkered flag is displayed at the start/finish line to indicate that the current session has been completed.
The green flag signals a clear track to race on.
The red-striped yellow flag, also known as the “surface flag”, indicates a potential traction hazard.
This flag indicates an internal hazard in a participant’s vehicle.
Ambulance or emergency vehicle on the track.
The solid red flag is displayed when conditions are too dangerous to continue the session. Depending on the series, the cars are directed to proceed to pit road, or to stop at a specific spot.
The white flag either signals that an official car is on track, or that the final lap is in progress.
Pit lane closed.
The yellow flag means caution.
Please Choose your preferred TRACK PACK or Track Day and get signed up early for next year! Have your track schedule preplanned and on your schedule to prevent life from interfering with your time on the track! If you'd like to pay via credit card give us a call at 630-205-0055, otherwise you can just shoot us a check made out to Laps Incorporated for the appropriate amount. Mail it along with your name, track pack and events chosen, mailing address, and email.
17w260 Rodeck Lane
Bensenville, IL 60106
Please feel free to call at anytime with questions or concerns.
Shawn & Kristy Young