About this event
NCM Motorsports Park is pushing the accelerator when it comes to empowering Women In Motorsports. Join us on Saturday, October 21st for the inaugural Mobil 1™ Women’s HPDI.
This unique High-Performance Driving Introduction event is a “ladies only” activity geared toward women of all skill levels. All you need is a car, a passion for driving, and a desire to learn! Our skilled team and professional instructors want YOU to feel the thrill of driving safely on our 3.2-mile, 23-turn road course.
In partnership with incredible partners like Mobil 1 and Women in Motorsports North America (WIMNA), we pride ourselves on providing a fun, safe, and supportive environment perfect for learning and for creating memories that will last a lifetime! In small groups established by comfort and skill level, you will rotate through a series of classroom and on-track activities throughout the day.
We are incredibly pleased to announce that Laura Klauser, Sports Car Racing Program Manager at General Motors, is joining us as the guest speaker during our luncheon, which will be provided by NCM Motorsports Park.
Classroom Topics Include:
- High-performance driving procedures
- Vehicle safety requirements
- Personal protective equipment requirements
- Event safety procedures
- Communicating with your instructor on and off the track
- Basic performance driving techniques
- How to get the most out of performance-driving
- Basic car control
- Breaking down the corner - Turn In, Apex, Track Out
- Passing procedures and point-bys
- Corner Stations, Brake Markers, Pit In/Out signs
- Having fun!
You don’t want to miss this exciting, empowering, and educational High Performance Driving Introduction event designed for women, by women…register now!
• This is a bring-your-own-car event(want to rent a track car for the event? Ask us how!
• Convertibles are welcome
• Passengers will not be allowed in student vehicles
• Helmet rental will be available – however, please bring a helmet if you own one.
• 32 Student spots available
- Instructor spots are currently full and we are wait listing instructors. Thank you for all the support and encourage you to sign up for future instructing opportunities.
• Any mechanically sound vehicle is invited to participate, sports cars, coupes, sedans, trucks, mini-vans are all welcome!
• Contact Zack.Rackovan@motorsportspark.org with any HPDI questions!
- Check-in will begin at 7:15 am CST and will end at 7:55 am CST. The day will end around 4:00 pm CST
- We do not recommend sharing a vehicle for this program!
- Instructors will need their own vehicles for the program
- Check-in for the event will begin at 7:15AM - Drivers Meeting at 8:30am
Equipment requirements are minimal -
If you have a helmet, please bring it (SA2015 or newer is required). We will have limited helmets available for rental on a limited basis.
Long pants and closed-toed shoes are required.
This program is open to all normally functioning automobiles. Vehicle requirements will be gone over during the program, but please make sure the vehicle has no leaks, clean brake fluid (dot4 is highly recommended), oil, as well as tires and brakes with a minimum of 1/4 life left. The vehicle must be in sound mechanical condition.
Convertibles are welcome to this program.
Students must be a minimum of 18 years old with a valid driver's license.
No performance driving experience is required.
Passengers will not be allowed for this program.
Any other questions can be directed to Zack.Rackovan@motorsportspark.org - the only stupid question is the one not asked.