About this event
Spend your Labor Day weekend at Hannegan Speedway in Bellingham for a fun rallycross event! With multiple courses, day and night racing and on-site camping, this is always a great weekend. And with the holiday, you still have a day to recover from all the fun before heading back to work.
Competition will take place over two days with day racing and night racing on Day 1 then one more day race session on Day 2. Runs from all three sessions count and awards will take place at the end of competition on Day 2.
Note: The format of this race will be different in 2024 from the past few years. The classes are not split over two days anymore and there are no fun run sessions. Instead, everyone will race together for the full day and a half. If you raced with us prior to 2021, this is the format we started with and we’re bringing it back!
$200 per driver
**There is a $10 Gate fee at this venue collected by the venue upon arrival. Bring cash.**
Vehicle Lights Required
Because this event includes night racing, all vehicles must be equipped with fully function headlights, tail lights and hazard lights. Vehicles without working lights will not pass technical inspection.
9:00am: Gates open
9:30am-11:30am: Tech inspection, check in, course walking
12:00pm: Drivers to grid/work assignments
12:30-2:30pm: Day Racing - Run Group 1
3:00-5:00: Day Racing - Run Group 2
5:00-7:00pm: Dinner break
7:00pm: Drivers to grid/work assignments
7:15-8:45pm: Night Racing - Run Group 1
9:00-10:30pm: Night Racing - Run Group 2
9:30am: Gates open
10:45am: Drivers to grid/work assignments
11:00am-1:00pm: Run Group 2
1:00-2:00pm: Lunch break
2:00pm: Drivers to grid/work assignments
2:15-4:15pm: Run Group 1
*Schedule is subject to change. You will receive a final schedule via email the Monday prior to the event.
If you're new to rallycross, here are some helpful links:
Thank you for signing up for the Labor Day Dirtcross! Please take a moment to review the rallycross rules which include the vehicle classifications, competition and conduct requirements.
REMINDER: Starting in 2024, numbers may only be used by one driver per season. If your number is not available when you sign up, you will need to select a new one. It will be your number for the duration of the season. If you believe there has been a mistake, you may email us a request to investigate. We are unable to guarantee that a number you have used in the past will be available in 2024.
A rallycross is a motorsports event where vehicles race on a course delineated by cones on generally unpaved, mostly flat surfaces. Elapsed time is tracked by the organizer with time-based penalties assessed for actions such as missed cones and driving off-course. Scoring is the accumulation of timed runs plus penalties where the lowest time wins. One car is released at a time with course workers monitoring cones and penalties.
Rallycross events are structured as a run-work format where competitors race during their class session and work the course when another class races.
Conduct of Competitors
Each competitor must:
- Practice good sportsmanship at all times.
- Register for and compete in the appropriate class for their vehicle. It is the driver’s responsibility to know the correct class based on the rules and vehicle classifications set forth in the Rallycross Rules.
- Be responsible for their own safety and the safety of others.
- Know, understand and follow all rules as stated herein, in competitor communications and required driver meetings.
- Treat all officials, volunteers, spectators, the public and other competitors with respect and courtesy.
- Obey all laws and local ordinances, most importantly as they pertain to traffic laws.
- Not dispose of trash anywhere on site except for designated garbage receptacles.
- Follow the prescribed course. It is the competitor’s responsibility to know the course in order to keep other competitors, course workers and spectators safe. Competitors will be given the opportunity to walk and drive the course prior to competition.
- Fully perform their work assignment as instructed.
Failure to comply with the conduct requirements may result in disqualification and/or suspension.
To be eligible for Rallycross competition, a driver must:
- Not be disqualified from event or suspended from competition.
- Be, at minimum, 15 years old and meet one of the following criteria:
- Possess a valid (not expired or suspended) drivers license in their state of residence, or
- Possess a valid instruction permit and be accompanied by a parent/guardian that has been a licensed driver for at least five years.
You must register with a unique number - no duplicate numbers will be permitted.
Vehicles must have their number and class on the side of the vehicle. The minimum size for the numbers is 6 inches tall with a 1 inch stroke. Class letters may be of any size as long as they can be seen from a reasonable distance away. All number/class decals must be in a contrasting color to the vehicle body. If you have any questions or concerns about your number or class, bring a package of letter/numbers and apply them at the event.
Before 11:59PM, 8/23/2024: Cancellations permitted, no payment will be charged.
After 12:00AM, 8/24/2024: No cancellations or registration modifications after registration closes. No refunds will be given.
Registration is non-transferrable.