About this event
This is a non-speed social Road Rally whose route has a lot of scenic views of the hill country. Registration will be between 4:00 PM and 5:00 PM in the parking lot of Andretti Karting. and Games at I-10 and N Loop 1604 in San Antonio. After a safety briefing at 4:45 PM, cars will be released at intervals to proceed on their senic journey. The route will pass thru the communities of Leon Springs, Fair Oaks, Kendalia, Sisterdale, Luckenbach, Cain City, Grapetown and Bankersmith. The final destination will be the Alamo Cafe at 107 Alamo Road across the street from the Old Tunnel State Park. After a good meal and social event to discuss this Rally, stay to watch the bats depart the Old Tunnel for their evening of feasting on local mosquitoes. Questions will be asked along the way but awards will not be based on questions or on a cars finish position. The route has several country roads have not been recently paved and their are several cattle guardsl with a stretch of graded hard dirt. This Road Rally is meant to be a fun social outing and a learning event. Children are welcome but insurance requires that they have a waiver signed by both parents. Minors may be either navigators or drivers.
The Social Road Rally fee for this event is $25.00 (the same for both SCCA members and non-SCCA members).
The GOAL of the SCCA is to Have Fun with Cars!
1. Each car must have a Driver, with a valid driver's license,
2. Each car must have a Navigator who can read English.
3. Each car must have a current inspection sticker and proof of insurance.
4. Minor Children (<18) are welcome but must have a Minor Waiver signed by both parents. The Waiver must be printed in color.
5. Non-SCCA members will be required to fill out a "weekend membership" form but there will be no extra fee.
We hope COVID-19 protocols will be somewhat relaxed by this Road Rally but we are asking that all participants wear masks when not in their cars.