About this event
Volunteer Registration for the 2021 Rocky Mountain Chapter BMW CCA Ice Gymkhana - Friday
This is the registration page for people who wish to help out at the Ice Gymkhana at Georgetown Lake, Friday January 15, 2021. If you wish to drive in this event, please go to the participant registration page.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided for all volunteers. We will meet at the lake at 8:30 AM for breakfast. The event will start at the lake at 9:30. After the gymkhana, we will have lunch and awards at the lake.
Note: This event is limited to 5 volunteers(and 25 drivers).
There will be heavy ski traffic on I-70 from 6:00 to 10:00 AM the morning of the event. Please plan accordingly.
You do not need to be a BMW CCA member to volunteer. The registration form will prompt you for a BMW CCA number, but you can leave it blank if you are not a member.
What to bring:
1. Dress warmly in layered clothing. (The wind on the lake can be brutal!)
2. Bring a hat, gloves and/or mittens.
3. Sun block will help protect against reflected rays from the ice and snow.
4. Lip balm can be used to prevent chapped lips. Runners use Vaseline on cheeks and lips, so take a tip from them.
5. Waterproof winter boots for your tootsies, but wear them loosely so they won’t cut off circulation.
6. Bring your own water and hot drinks.