About this event
Sorry drivers, our event has been cancelled. Please see below for a message from our chapter president:
On behalf of our Exec Team and the Drivers’ Education Committee, please know that we are working feverishly behind the scenes to ensure our events remain the premiere driving experiences you are accustomed to having with our club during this pandemic.
The High Performance Driving Clinic is a 100% training event, in which program activities include a significant amount of indoor classroom training, along with multiple instructors in the right-seat for driving exercises and open circuit experiences.
Both the required indoor classes (with maximum density per available square footage at the track) and multiple instructors in cars with students (with less than a six-foot social distance) currently go against the best practices recommended by the CDC, the WHO and West Virginia directives. Moreover, this event includes a plenitude of social interaction with other drivers and instructors in the paddock, and Summit Point Motorsports Park published new guidelines last week which quash the fun to be had with one another.
It is my personal responsibility and the social responsibility of PCA Potomac to ensure that the health and safety of our membership is the top priority when making decisions during this unprecedented time. Unfortunately, it is with these caveats that our Executive and Drivers’ Education Committees have decided to cancel this event for the health and safety of our students and our instructors.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this decision or any of our COVID-19 plans, please direct them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With my sincere gratitude for your understanding,
Mia Walsh, President
Porsche Club of America
Potomac, The Founders’ Region
2009 Cayman S #271 GTB1
All drivers must be at least 18 yrs old and have a valid drivers license.
- Our events are open to all marques.
- You do not need to be a PCA member to participate.
- Registration closes the Saturday prior to the event (late registrations are risky due to capacity).
- You may notice your event status is yellow / "New" - until it becomes green / "Confirmed", you only have a place in line not an actual slot in the event. (Or if you see "Waitlist"...keep your fingers crossed for an opening!) We will contact you again via email about 2 months prior to the event to confirm acceptance at which time you will also receive instructions about billing and the date your credit card will be billed.
- IF YOU CAN'T PARTICIPATE, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CANCEL.
- Event waivers will be provided for review and required signatures at on-site event registration.
- Full coverage rubber-soled shoes, long sleeved and legged clothing, and socks required. Natural-fiber clothing highly recommended. Drivers’ suits, gloves, shoes and neck brace made of fire-resistant materials recommended but not required.
- You must cancel online BEFORE WE BILL YOU, which will be 4 weeks before the event.
- If you cannot cancel online, you must notify the Registrar by email BEFORE YOU ARE BILLED and receive an ACKNOWLEDGMENT by email to verify that you have canceled.
- Potomac accepts only credit cards for payment. You are responsible for maintaining valid credit card information in your profile.
- We bill your credit card FOUR weeks before the event. We only bill Confirmed drivers, not waitlisted drivers.
- Billing problems result in notification by email with 48 hours to resolve the issue. If you do not correct the issue within 48 hours, your registration will be canceled. Reinstatement of a registration canceled for this reason will incur a $50 admin fee and require immediate payment with a valid credit card.
- Credit card and billing information uses secure connections and is encrypted. You are the only person who has access to your card number. We only see the last four digits for billing.
- Cancel before you are billed (4 weeks before the event) and there is no charge.
- Cancel after you are billed and you forfeit your entry fee. No refunds or DE credits after billing.