About this event
Don't miss the Frosty Fracas Rallycross! This is the third event at this location for Dirt Farmers Rally as we aim to bring back year-round rallycross, snowcross, and short-course rally events to the area. Hosted on beautiful north Idaho farmland, this event will be run and classed comparably to SCCA-style rallycross found across the US. The venue is a 45-minute drive from Coeur d'Alene and about 75 minutes from Spokane.
You can find the latest updates and a growing community of fellow driving enthusiasts by joining our private Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/dirtfarmersrally/
Here is a pin drop for where parking and registration will be. We're arranging for snow removal along the access road, Hoodoo Mountain Rd, and through the parking area. We'll also groom the course areas to improve accessibility for cars. Winter tires may be required to avoid getting stuck, you've been warned. Please use caution on your way to/from the events as the rural roads can be slick with snow and black ice: https://maps.app.goo.gl/AziTkmzxYkFHtvtDA
$99 per driver, per day. Up to 2 drivers can run the same vehicle in the same class, and two additional drivers can run the vehicle in the Time Only class for a max of 4 drivers per vehicle, per day. Due to rollover risk, passenger vehicles must be wider than they are tall. UTVs and SXSs cannot be lifted. We will do our very best to find a class for custom-built vehicles so long as they otherwise meet safety requirements. As ruts form, we will adjust the course between runs throughout the weekend to be as car-friendly as we can, but participation is still at your own risk. All drivers and passengers must wear helmets. Ride-alongs are encouraged. While you are welcome to bring your family and friends to spectate, young children and pets are strictly not allowed in the staging or course areas.
The space will be available Friday evening through Sunday evening for free overnight camping. There will be portable bathrooms on-site. Tech and registration are mandatory and will open at 9:00 am each morning. Each vehicle only needs to complete the tech inspection once per weekend. We will run rain or shine, so make sure to come prepared to be outdoors in the weather. We will have a groomed course area, but we expect a significant snowpack will still cover most of the field.
There won't be any worker assignments for participants of this event so you aren't trudging through knee-deep snow all day. For drivers with functional heaters in their vehicles, you'll be able to sit inside your vehicle for as much of the event as we possibly can accommodate to stay warm. Please clean up your pit and parking area before you leave; pack it in, pack it out.
- Helmets meeting current (2010+) Snell, SFI, ECE, or FIA ratings must be worn by all drivers and passengers while on course. Limited loaner helmet availability.
- All convertible, Targa, or T-top vehicles must have a hardtop or other sufficiently solid roof panel securely fastened in place to participate in this event. No exceptions for open-top vehicles without a hardtop.
- Passenger vehicles must be wider than they are tall to reduce the risk of rollover. Utility Terrain Vehicles (UTVs) cannot be lifted; the base of the frame rails shouldn't be any higher than the center of the tires.
- Participants are required to review the rules and are responsible for making sure their vehicle will pass the safety inspection prior to arriving at the event. You can learn more about general classing and competition rules here: https://www.scca.com/downloads/53337-2021-scca-rally-cross-rules/download
- This venue is nestled among hills just outside the scenic town of Spirit Lake, ID with a population of fewer than 2,000 people. They will certainly notice our presence. We want to be courteous guests while we are in the area. Please mind speed limits and traffic laws while in transit to the event so we don't get shut down due to complaints.