About this event
FIA Formula E Returns for the NYC ePrix July 15-17, 2022
The ABB FIA Formula E Championship returns to New York City for another round of close combat, wheel-to-wheel all-electric racing. Watch 24 cars and drivers rip around the raw streets of Brooklyn in the shadow of Manhattan's majestic skyline. The track winds its way around the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal site in the heart of the Red Hook neighborhood of Brooklyn. This testing track is lined with miles of unforgiving concrete, with views across the Buttermilk Channel and over towards Lower Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty.
Currently volunteer marshal positions are available for the following specialties:
- F&C/Intervention Marshals: stand trackside and communicate the track conditions to drivers via physical and digital flags; communcate track conditions with race control via radio; minor course cleanup; experience with flagging or intervention is required.
- Equipment Marshals: required to arrive by Thursday to assist with setup; responsible for preparing and servicing stations before and during the event; must be able to carry 40 lbs., run/walk long distances, potentially drive a provided vehicle, and feel comfortable on a hot track.
- Hospitality Marshals: assist with check-in, check-out, meals, and parties; must be able to stand for long periods of time and handle walking long distances.
More details will be coming as they are finalized, but here's what we can say for sure at the moment:
- Double-header with COVID testing before you access the facility
- Previously, vaccinated marshals were able to access the facility immediately, and bon-vaccinated marshals had to wait for a negative test.
- Expect testing and masks to be worn
- Double-occupancy hotel rooms provided
- Transportation to and from the circuit provided
- Lunches for each day volunteered
- Saturday party
- Swag bag of goodies
Questions? Please reach out to Kathy Maleck!
Additional event details and schedules will be provided as we get closer.
Please be sure you are checking the email you've used to register as all updates will be coming to that address.