EMRA Time Trials at NJMPNew Jersey Motorsports Park
About this event
ON-LINE REGISTRATION IS CLOSED BUT YOU CAN REGISTER AT THE TRACK
REGISTRATION OPENS 10AM SUNDAY
EMRA Summer Time Trials
Lightning @ NJ Motorsports Park
Saturday & Sunday, July 28th - July 29th 2012
- Saturday Timed Practice: $275
- Sunday Time Trial: $275
- Weekend Combo (Saturday and Sunday): $450
*There is a $50 late payment fee for any payments received after Monday, July 23rd, 2012
Temporary Weekend License: $25
** Required when the driver holds a competition license from recognized motorsports organization other than EMRA
Contact EMRA's Time Trial Chairperson if you are unsure about your status.
Rental $45 (a $420 deposit (check or cash) is required at the track)
Important 2012 Safety Alert for NJMP Events
As per New Jersey State Law, all participants at any event held at NJ Motorsports Park must have a full face helmet with a visor. This is a new statute which will be strictly enforced by the track. Before you register, please make sure you have a helmet that meets this requierment.
Remember to check the certification dates of your safety equipment before heading out for an EMRA event this season.
As of January 2012, all helmets must be certified Snell 2005 or later. Snell M helmets (Snell M2005, or M2010) are acceptable for time trials. Competition racers must use helmets with a Snell SA rating (Snell SA2005, or SA2010).
Safety Harness and Belts:
SFI certified belts manufactured in 2008 will NO longer be acceptable as EMRA Race / Enduro safety equipment. EMRA holds valid SFI certifications until December 31st of the 2nd year after the date of manufacture as indicated on the belts label. (Refer to Driver Safety, Section 1.3 of EMRA's GCR for complete details). FIA Certified belts are valid until December 31st of the fifth year of the expiration date as marked on the manufacturer's label.
Time Trialers Only:
Three-point harness with metal to metal mounting required as a minimum. OEM seatbelts or equivalent are acceptable, but must be in good working condition. A PROPERLY INSTALLED four, five, six, or seven-point racing harness is acceptable, but not required. All aftermarket harnesses Must have a current DOT, SFI or FIA tag. Only separate shoulder mounts are permitted. The "Y" type shoulder straps are not allowed. "H" type configuration is permitted. Aftermarket harnesses are acceptable ONLY if properly installed.
If there is any doubt, please bring your OEM three-point belts and hardware to the event. Belts must be in good working condition, not frayed, stretched or weathered. The harness MUST be installed in accordance with EMRA race and manufacturer's requirements. There will be NO exceptions to this rule.
- 2011 EMRA Car and Driver Regulations and Requirements (pdf)
- EMRA Car Classification (pdf)
- EMRA Rules of the Road (pdf)
EMRA Competition Licenses:
EMRA Competition Licenses are required to run at an EMRA Event. Licenses are renewable each calendar year.
- If you need to renew a current license, download, complete and mail the appropriate form with payment to the addresses provided of the form:
2012 Time Trial License Renewal Form (pdf)
- If you have not held an EMRA License before and have a license from another sanctioning organization, you may apply for a temporary weekend license. Please select this option when registering for your first event. You may also apply for an EMRA competition license by contacting our Time Trial Chair, Mike Mclaughlin at email@example.com
- If you do not hold any type of competition or time trial license, you may register as a Student at any of our Time Trial events. Please select this option when registering for your first event.
For questions regarding EMRA Time Trial Licenses, please contact Mike McLaughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.