About this event
To ensure quality of instruction there will be a limit of 39 riders for the school. Register early to guarantee your spot!
The EMRA Race School is targeted at those riders looking to learn all the rules and skills required to begin their racing career.
2 Day Registration Fee - $325
Annual Membership included
Race License fee not included
- One half day of classroom instruction (Friday Evening) - July 16 @ 5PM
- One full day of on track instructor led sessions - July 17 @ 7:30AM
What to Expect:
- Classroom instruction from experienced racers, giving you all the knowledge you need to become a successful club racer - explanations of riding theory, tips on bike preparation, and all the rules and procedures you need to understand before getting on the track
- Drills including lines, throttle control, braking, body position, passing, race starts, and the full experience of gridding up for your first mock race!
- Ensure the bike is in good working order (throttle should move freely, brake pads must have sufficient material and brake fluid should be bled if fluid is old)
- Tires are in good shape and are clear of cracks and have adequate tread remaining
- No leaks; for example, engine fluids are contained, fork seals are good, and all hoses are in good shape
- Bodywork and other items are securely fastened to the motorcycle
- No bike will be allowed on the track if the organizers deem the bike to be unsafe
- 1 or 2 piece leather suit, if 2 piece it must zip together around the waist
- Motorcycle boots at least ankle high
- Gauntlet style gloves (covering the wrist)
- Helmet rated for motorcycle track use (i.e. Snell M2010, ECE 22.05)
EMRA Race School Registration:
EMRA School registrations will be sold on a first come first served basis. Students who pass an EMRA race school are eligible to receive an EMRA competition license (Novice). If the student does not purchase a license and race at a minimum of one event during those two years, that student will be required to take another race school in order to be re-certified for licensing.
Refunds will be granted for schools up to 30 days in advance of the school with the exception of a $50 service fee. No refunds will be issued in the last 30 days before the start of the school. The School runs rain or shine so come prepared!