About this event
The San Francisco Region is well known for our safety skills & successful record. To keep our skills on-point, we have a special opportunity to do some special training in first response & CPR. The training will useful to our E-Crew responding to on-track events, and to the overall membership at work & home. Here are the specifics:
- What: First Responder Training
- When: Friday, June 18th, 2021. The Friday before the Regionals at Sonoma
- Where: Sonoma Raceway. Start at 09:00, End at 16:00
- Content: Topics will cover key issues in responding to emergencies on track, home & work: Patient Assessment, Management of Airway, Breathing, & Circulation, Bleeding Control, CPR training, and an introduction to Backboarding in spinal injury situations.
- Instructors: Provided by LifeSafety Associates, a professional training organization whose instructors all have real-world field emergency response experience, and whose clients include the largest companies in Silicon Valley & beyond
Participants will leave the class confident in being "first on scene" in emergencies, and providing urgent care until hand-off to higher levels of care. As noted, these skills may be useful at the track, at home, and at work, and enable participants to keep friends, colleagues, and family safer.
More information in the attached flyer. Registration on MotorsportsReg. We have 12 spots for this first class. Emergency Crew volunteers will be given priority over non-Ecrew volunteers for this first class.
Emergency Response Training
June 18th, 2021 From 9:00 Am – 4:00 Pm at Sonoma Raceway
A Customized Class for The San Francisco Region
A Dynamic, Hands-On Class Taught by Experienced Fire-EMS Personnel
What you will Learn
- Scene Safety
- ABC’s-Airway, Breathing, Circulation
- Responsive VS Non-Responsive Patients
- Bleeding Control
- CPR & AED Training & Certification
- Emergency Crew
- Tech Crew
- Racers & Crew
A $150+ Value
- No charge to SFR members. The Region is picking up the cost.
- Participants needs to bring their own food & drink
Please contact Seth Reid 205-541-0437 with any questions you may have