About this event
We'd love to have you join your fellow car enthusiasts for the 2021 Do It Again Rally (aka: TSD or “The Social Distance”)
What is it: We have an opportunity for a little fun in these trying times. We are offering a unique Social Rally, just for fun. It is not part of any series or serious points race.
Where: Starts and ends at Tom Wahl’s on Route 5&20 in Avon
When: Sunday, 5/16/21. Check In: 12:30-1:30pm, First car off at 2:01 (more on timing below)
How much: The entry fee is $20/car plus $5 for each weekend membership. The proceeds from the event will be donated to the Avon Food Pantry to help the local community.
Event Day Details:
- This as a "minimal contact" event. You will register online through motorsportreg.com, or by emailing the info to the rallymaster if you want to enter. There is a limit of 45 cars.
- The rally is:
- You follow the course, maintaining speeds below the posted speed limit.
- As you follow the route, you will be timed at locations unknown to you. All checkpoints will be closed (you do not stop at them.)
- The course is approximately 31 miles and should take about 56 minutes to complete.
- Teams then repeat the course route at 3:00+car #.
- For the second time around the route, checkpoint signs will be out where the cars are timed again. The score will be how close the minute and hundredths is to the time you passed on the first loop (if you did it the first time, you should be able to do it a second time, right?)
- If you take a TA on the second passage, text it to the phone number on the routes with a mileage where it occurred. Once a TA is taken, the TA time applies for the rest of the second loop.
- Cars will have a window chalk or magnetic number on each side of the car so the checkpoint worker can identify the car as it passes.
- The entry fee is $20/car plus $5 for each weekend membership. The proceeds from the event will be donated to the Avon Food Pantry to help the local community.
- A waiver will be placed on a picnic table behind and outside Tom Wahl's. Everyone that competes must sign the waiver. We ask everyone to bring their own pen and sign it individually,
- Routes would be emailed to teams on the morning of the event.
- There will be a short driver’s meeting at 1:45, before the event.
- The results will be calculated after the event and emailed to all competitors.
- There will be a "print your own trophy" to all participants. (In the interest of social distance.)
- We may even do a Zoom Meeting (virtual happy hour) for results as well so we could share rally stories and enjoy some after event.
In light of the current COVID-19 situation, every attempt will be made to minimize the risks of exposure to the virus. New processes and procedures have been developed and will be put into place to support this objective. While on site, please be considerate of the health and safety of your fellow participants, and volunteers by practicing social distancing, and wearing a mask.
REFUNDS ARE AVAILABLE AT ANY POINT. Please do NOT come to the event if you aren't feeling well at all, or if you were recently exposed to anyone that wasn't feeling well.
For more information:
Rallymaster: Andy Smith
Contact through Alan Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org, 585-314-6054