About this event
ATTENTION; THE RALLY IS BEING RESCHEDULED FOR JANUARY OR FEBRUARY, DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES - DETAILS AND NEW DATE TO BE POSTED SOON.
The Texas Region of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) invites you to a fun drive in the country in Collin and Grayson Counties, Texas. All are welcome and no prior rally experience is required. We give you a map with several waypoints and you visit these specific locations on the map. With this year’s theme, locations to be visited are mostly ranches or farms. Plot your thriftiest rural trail!
You determine your route and drive to each location, which will be verified by the Richta GPS smartphone app. The team who visits all the required landmarks in the shortest distance will win, and the winners will receive awards. A rancher’s version of the traveling salesman problem! It is not a speed or racing contest. Scores are automatically reported to the Rallymaster. No score sheet to fill out. As we did last year, we will encourage all contestants to download and use a GPS-based odometer app, as a way to ensure consistency of mileage measurements across all entrants, instead of our usual pre-rally odometer calibration check. We will send you information on these apps and procedures for their use after you pre-register.
- Rally Day: Saturday, October 28, 2023
- Registration and Starting Place: Crow's Country Cafe, 113 W. 4th Street, Anna, Texas 75409
- Registration opens at 9:45 am on Rally Day. Registration will close at 10:15 am (times may be adjusted).
- After registration, you will receive your maps and instructions for locating seventeen or so locations in northern Collin County and (just a bit of) southern Grayson County that you have to visit.
- Take 30 minutes to determine your route from maps provided. No GPS/electronic aids permitted here.
- Cars leave the official start whenever you are ready, in any order (but at 1-minute intervals). First car out about 10:30 am.
- Length: as short as you can make it in miles, probably about 4 hours in time
- Finish: Crow's Country Cafe, 113 W. 4th Street, Anna, Texas 75409
- In the unlikely event that you encounter any odometer problems or discrepancies, you will be instructed upon return to conduct an odometer calibration run, which starts and ends back at Crow's Country Cafe
- Rally type: Shortest-distance map rally. SCCA calls this a GTA (Games, Tours, Adventures) rally.
- Route: You choose your route from maps provided. You may use any public road you wish in your attempt to log the shortest distance on your odometer. Depending on your chosen route, you may encounter short stretches of unpaved road, though we think that the shortest-distance route will be all paved.
- Classes: First-timer, Novice (3 rally trophies or less), General, and Master (this is an optional class: no trophies). GPS and other electronic aids welcome in any class once you’re on the road.
- At least two people (a driver and a navigator) are required in each car; contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a minor child (<18) in the car, as a form will need to be signed
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, Hot Rods, Cruisers, Convertibles, anything with 4 (or even 3) wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: speed is not a factor.
- Rally entry fee (per vehicle): $40.00; regular SCCA Members: $12.00 discount. A $5.00 late fee will be assessed to anyone not preregistered on MotorsportReg.com.
- Rally Master: John Poulos
On public roads, always at legal speeds, with plenty of entertainment for you and your team partner!
Registrants will be emailed the rally rules a few days before the event. We encourage entrants to pre-register at least a week in advance. It gives you time to prepare and us time to properly plan for awards and other car-count-dependent arrangements. The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries. To pre-register, page down and click on “Continue”.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With over 55,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
This is the fifth event in the 2023 Texas Region SCCA RoadRally Series. This event is sanctioned as a Regional Rally by SCCA, under Sanction Number 23-RRRG-61530. It qualifies for Texas Region Championship points but does not qualify for National Championship points.
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rally
There must be at least 2 people old enough to read in every rally car. The driver must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. The car must be in good mechanical condition. If any one of the rally car occupants is a minor (under 18 years old), that person must have an SCCA "Minor Release" signed by a parent in the presence of either the rally registrar or a Notary Public. The form is available from email@example.com, or at registration. An online Annual Digital Waiver option is also available.
For purposes of liability insurance protection, SCCA has (re)instituted membership requirements for RoadRally participants. There must be at least one SCCA Member in every rally car, either a regular/annual Member or a Weekend Member. If not currently a Member, you will be registered as a Weekend Member during online pre-registration. The following scenarios apply:
(1) If both Driver and Navigator are already regular Members, either one can complete this registration for the team and receive the Member rate for the for the team/car.
(2) If only one of the team is a regular Member, then that Member should complete this registration, so as to receive the Member entry fee rate for the team/car. The other person(s) will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part).
(3) If neither Driver nor Navigator are regular Members, you have the option of first signing up for a regular Membership (www.scca.org). and then returning to this registration process, now under one of the previous two scenarios. Otherwise, if you proceed, the registration system will assign the person registering as a Weekend Member, which entitles them to certain benefits (see below). The other person(s) in the car will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part). If there is a preference for who becomes a Weekend Member, then that person should complete this registration. The other occupants if the car will be registered as Trial Members (no action required on their part). Under this scenario, you qualify for the Non-Member/Weekend Member entry fee rate, which includes the cost for the one Weekend Membership.
Note for Members completing the Registration: MSReg verifies your membership against the SCCA database. Your Member number, first name and last name must all match exactly with the SCCA data. The verification uses the name in your MSReg account profile, so please make sure that your name matches the one in your SCCA profile exactly to avoid verification failures (e.g., Steve vs Stephen will cause a mismatch error). If different, we recommend that you update your MSReg account name to match the SCCA data.
Term: 5 days (consecutive) from day of initial event
Entitled to full participation privileges in SCCA events excluding SCCA Pro Racing events
Entitled to apply a $15 coupon towards any SCCA Annual Membership within 60 days of issuance
Weekend Member will receive email with details and membership upgrade coupon a day or two after the Rally