About this event
THE DFW MAP RALLY IS BACK!
The Texas Region of the Sports Car Club of America invites you to a fun drive in the country in Collin County, Texas. We give you a map and a list of questions to be answered by visiting specific locations on the map. With this year’s theme, locations to be visited are churches, farms and ranches. You determine your route, go to each location, and answer a question that verifies you have been there. The team who visits all the required landmarks in the shortest distance will win, and the winners will receive awards. Speed is not a factor.
- Rally Day: Saturday, August 24, 2019
- Registration and Starting Place: Clay Cooley Volkswagen of Richardson, 300 N. Central Expy, Richardson, TX 75080.
- Registration opens at 10:00am on Rally Day and will close at 10:30 am (time may be adjusted)
- After registration, you will receive your instructions for conducting an odometer calibration run (in order to normalize all of the entrants’ odometers)
- The odo check ends at Crow's Country Cafe, 113 W. 4th Street, Anna, Texas. Here you will receive your maps with the 15 or so locations that you have to visit.
- Take 30 minutes to determine your route from map(s) provided. No GPS/electronic aids permitted here.
- Route: You choose your route from maps provided. You may use any public road you wish in your attempt to log the shortest distance on your odometer. Depending on your chosen route, you may encounter stretches of unpaved road, though we think that the shortest-distance route will be all paved
- Cars leave the official start whenever you are ready, in any order (but at 1minute intervals). First car out could be as early as 11:15am. You must check in at the control in front of the restaurant, to have your time and mileage recorded.
- Length: as short as you can make it in miles, probably about 3½ hours in time
- Finish: back to Crow's Country Cafe, 113 W. 4th Street, Anna, Texas.
- Rally type: Shortest distance rally. SCCA calls this a GTA (Games, Tours, Adventures) rally.
- Classes: First-timer, Novice (3 rally trophies or less), General, and Master (this is an optional class: no trophies). GPS and other electronic aids welcome in any class once you’re on the road.
- At least two people (a driver and a navigator) are required in each car; contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a minor child (<18) in the car, as a form will need to be signed
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, Hot Rods, Cruisers, Convertibles, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: speed is not a factor.
- Rally Fee: $30.00, SCCA Members: $5.00 discount. A $5.00 late fee will be assessed to anyone not preregistered on MotorsportReg.com. If not preregistered, you must pay with registration here.
- Rally Master: John Poulos.
Registrants will be emailed the rally rules a few days before the event. We encourage entrants to pre-register at least a few days in advance. To pre-register, page down and click on “Continue”. The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With nearly 65,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
This is the third event in the 2019 Texas Region SCCA Championship RoadRally Series. This event is sanctioned as a Divisional Rally by SCCA, under Sanction Number 19-RRDG-7840.
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rally
There must be at least 2 people old enough to read in every rally car. The driver must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. The car must be in good mechanical condition. If one of the rally car occupants is a minor (under 18 years old), that person must have an SCCA "Minor Release" signed by a parent in the presence of either the rally registrar or a Notary Public. The form is available from email@example.com, or at registration. Every adult in the car must sign a "Release and Waiver of Liability" form at registration.