DC at Summit Point "Summit Circuit" - AdvancedSummit Point - Summit Point Circuit
About this event
- Limited to first 15 Drivers Club Members / Cars - Sorry no guests permitted!
- The Drivers Club Advanced Drivers at Summit Point Circuit in Summit Point, WV.
- Advanced Drivers with proof of experience. Expanded passing with a point by.
- Wednesday 5/10 and Thursday 5/11.
- No Open Wheel Vehicles
- Advanced Drivers Only ! No Open Wheel Cars
- Open Track Format
- Contenental Breakfast and Lunch Included in price
- Summit Point Track Employees will handle Tech, Load In, Drivers Meeting and Track Operations
Summit Point Circuit is a 10-turn, 2.0-mile (3.2 km) road course that features a 2,900-foot (880 m) main straight. This original circuit opened in 1969 and did not include the "Carousel", presently denoted Turns 6 and 7. In the original layout, Turn 5 was a ~90 degree left-hander leading to a 90 degegree right-hander at the entry to what is now denoted Turn 8. Therefore, the original layout had 8 turns (or 9 depending on how you counted them). The "Carousel" was added in the early 1970's.
Driver’s License: All Drivers must have a valid Driver’s License and be at least 18 years of age to participate. You will be asked to present your Driver’s License at the track. Please be sure to bring documentation regarding track experience or any race license you have obtained in order to verify your experience.
Helmet Requirement: A Snell M or SA rated helmet dated 2015 or newer is required for all drivers and passengers on the track. NJMP does provide rentals if requested.
Attire: NJ State Law requires all participants on the track to wear long pants and close toed shoes. No one in shorts will be permitted to enter the race track.
Tech: A tech inspection is required for each car prior to accessing the race course. An NJMP official will tech your car the morning of the event, but please view the tech form prior to then in order to be sure your car is adequately prepared. Download a copy of our tech form here. All cars going on track in a group other then beginner (Green) group will be required to have a number on their vehicle.
Speed Limits: Speed limit in the paddock is 5 mph. Speed limit on access roads is 25 mph. Do not test vehicles or bed brakes on infield roads. For non-racing events, the pit lane speed limit is 20 mph.
Damage: Participants, including Drivers Club Members and their guests, are responsible for any damage to NJMP property including on track and off track.
Noise: Un-Muffled engines are not permitted to run before 8:30 a.m. or after 8:00 p.m.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND DISCLAIMERS
- Driver certifies that he/she has studied the NJMP Drivers Club Membership Bylaws and will study any Supplementary Rules for each Event, attend all required Driver meetings, and agrees to abide by all bylaws and rules for each Event.
- Driver will ensure that Driver and all guests of Driver will execute the required NJMP release agreements prior to their admission to or participation in the event.
- Driver agrees that only a member of the NJMP Drivers Club, or a duly authorized guest of a member,is permitted to participate in the Event.
- In consideration for being permitted to participate in the Event,Driver agrees to permit NJMP the use of their name, voice and/or likeness,and images of the Driver and Driver's car(s), for news, publicity, and feature use including radio, television,motion picture film, newspapers, magazines and any and all other media as deemed prudent by NJMP.
New Jersey Motors ports Park, Millville Rescue Squad, and/or any of their entities, partners, or employees are not responsible for any loss of property or property damage that may occur during this event. This includes, but is not limited to, damages that occur on and off the race track.
I, the undersigned, hereby certify that I have no known mental or physical impairments that could jeopardize me or others, and I am applying for admission in the NJMP Drivers Club Event. I agree to abide by the NJMP Drivers Club Bylaws.