About this event
Ice Dice is a timed driving competition in which entrants drive one at a time along a defined course. The course is a mixture of ice and snow.
McGregor Lake. Access has been granted through a private property 5 minutes south of Milo Alberta. Details will be provided after your registration has been confirmed. Spectators are not allowed at this location.
$60 for CSCC or WCMA affiliated club members. $80 for the general public. Online registration only.
- 8:00 - 09:00: *Registration
- 08:45 - 09:15: Course Walk
- 09:15 - 09:30: *Drivers Meeting
- 09:45 - 13:00: Driving
- 13:00 - 13:30: Lunch
- 13:45 - 16:00: Driving
- 16:00 - 16:15: Wrap-up Meeting
- 16:15 - 17:00: Fun Runs and Teardown
Lunch will be ordered from a local business in the area. We do recommend that you bring your own assortment of drinks and snacks to keep yourself fed throughout the rest of the day. At the present time we are unable to accommodate specific dietary requirements.
Motorsport is a privilege, not a right. We are here to demonstrate that motorsport can be conducted in an organized, responsible, and respectful manner. We have zero tolerance for:
- Not observing traffic laws in the area.
- Littering (e.g. car parts, cigarettes, garbage, food, vehicle fluids, etc.).
- Mistreatment of the other users of the lake.
- Racing off the track, burn outs, or stunting on the lake or within the surrounding community.
- Possession, use, or being under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Event cancellation is subject to the condition of the ice and the windchill. As this is a winter event, expect the weather to be cold; you can't go wrong by dressing like it's -40 degrees. The event will only be run if the organizers consider the ice thickness and conditions to be safe. If we cancel the event, you will receive a credit for a future event.
When you are not driving or in the staging area you are expected to work as a track marshal. Your times will only be recorded if you work when you are not running.
This includes activities that might spill hazardous materials onto the ice. For example, refueling.
While your vehicle is in the paddock area it must be parked on a tarp in order to avoid fluid and leakage spills from under vehicles. Be prepared to clean any spills from your tarp at the end of the day before leaving the ice. Take all rags and trash away with you.
Helmets must be worn by all occupants of the car while the the car is on the track.
Helmets must be worn for all track and autocross events. Helmets certified as meeting the most current or the two most recent applicable Snell, FIA, or SFI standards are acceptable. Acceptable helmets are:
- Snell ratings: SA2015, SAH2015, SA2010, SAH2010, M2015, M2010
- SFI ratings 31.1, 31.1A, 3.12, 31.2A, 31.1 2005, 41.1, 41.1A, 41.2, 41.2A, 41.2 2005, 24.1
- FIA Ratings: 8860-2010, 8860-2015, 8859-2015
- ECE R22.05
- BS6658-85 Type A/FR, BS6658-85 Type A
(No loaner helmets are available at the event due to Covid)
All season, all weather, and summer tires are not permitted. Cars are classed based on choice of studded or unstudded tires, and drive: FWD, RWD, or AWD.
Studded tires produced by a tire manufacturer (such as the Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9), that are DOT approved for use on public roads may be used. These tires must retain, the original amount and type of stud installed at time of manufacture and must not be modified.
Tires in which studs are installed subsequent to the manufacturing process may also be used and the following conditions must be met.
- (a) Studs must protrude no more than 3.5mm from the tread face, and meet the Tire stud Manufacturers Index (TSMI) specifications on size 12, 13, 15 or 16. Stud construction shall have a single base flange, a cylindrical body, and carbide tip with maximum diameter of 2.5mm.
- (b) The studs must be mounted in DOT tires that are designated by the manufacturer as studdable and are produced with moulded holes for the purpose of stud retention.
- (c) There may only be a maximum of 130 studs per tire, regardless of tire size.
- (d) Adhesive may be used to affix the stud into the tire.
- (e) Homemade, competition, specialty, off road or custom studs are not permitted.
All vehicles must have an exhaust system installed including a muffler. Excessively noisy vehicles may be refused entry or asked to leave. We plan to monitor sound levels during the events. Keeping the noise down is important as people live beside the lake.
We ask that you keep the exact location private as our series is generously based out of a local resident's backyard, in the middle of a community that backs onto the lake. The community surrounding the lake has requested we do our best to ensure they're not subjected to motorsport on the lake beyond our pre-arranged events. Failure to keep this location private will result in total loss of access to the club.
Either download, print and bring the following forms to registration on the day of the event:
Personal Waiver Waiver, General_En_Autoslalom.pdf
If the entrant is under 18 years of age, two waivers need to be signed