Clear Blue Sky RallyCollin & Grayson County Texas Roads
About this event
The Texas Region of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) cordially invites all fellow car enthusiasts to a fun Rally on the back roads of Collin and Grayson counties. All are welcome and no prior rally experience is required.
This will be a photo rally. We use photos to identify intersections where you must execute an instruction to follow the course. We also identify interesting objects along the route from photos. Course following will be easy. All photo places have an in-case-you-miss-it option. Photo instructions have options. Score by selecting the correct option, as well as by identifying which photos you see and in what order.
A short virtual Rally School on Sunday, March 19th will go over the rules and instructions for this rally (for details and to pre-register for the School, go to http://msreg.com/CBS23RSmsr ). For those who can’t join the live session, we will post a YouTube video recording of the session.
- Rally Day: Saturday, March 25, 2023
- Check-in and starting place: Chrysler Jeep Dodge City, 700 S. Central Expwy, McKinney, TX 75070
- Registration/check-in: 8:15 to 9:00 am
- Safety Briefing: 9:15 am
- Car No. 1 leave the start: 9:31 am
- Car No.1 finishes at Mariachi’s: ~ 2:15 pm
- Awards: ~ 3:45 pm
- Length: around 90-100 miles
- Finish: Mariachi's Fine Mexican Food, 1909 Texoma Pkwy, #103, Sherman, TX 75090, where we will gather for a beverage or meal, announcements and awards
- Rally type: GTA (Games, Tours, Adventures) rally
- Route: paved roads in Collin and Grayson counties, Texas
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: speed is not a factor.
- Classes: First-timer, Novice (3 rally trophies or less), General, and Master (optional class: no trophies).
- At least two people (a driver and a navigator) are required in each car; contact email@example.com if you have a minor child (<18) in the car, as a form will need to be signed
- Rally entry fee: regular SCCA Members $28; Weekend Members $40 (includes membership fee). A $5.00 late fee will be assessed to anyone not preregistered on MotorsportReg.com.
- Rallymaster: Liz Witt
Registrants will be emailed the rally rules a few days before the event. We encourage entrants to pre-register at least a few days in advance. The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries. To pre-register, page down and click on “Continue”.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With nearly 65,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
This is the second event in the 2023 Texas Region SCCA RoadRally Series. This event is sanctioned as a Regional Rally by SCCA, under Sanction Number 23-RRRG-60111. It qualifies for Texas Region Championship points but does not qualify for National Championship points.
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rally
There must be at least 2 people old enough to read in every rally car. The driver must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. The car must be in good mechanical condition. If any one of the rally car occupants is a minor (under 18 years old), that person must have an SCCA "Minor Release" signed by a parent in the presence of either the rally registrar or a Notary Public. The form is available from firstname.lastname@example.org, or at registration. An online Annual Digital Waiver option is also available.
For purposes of liability insurance protection, SCCA has (re)instituted membership requirements for RoadRally participants. There must be at least one SCCA Member in every rally car, either a regular/annual Member or a Weekend Member. If not currently a Member, you will be registered as a Weekend Member during online pre-registration. The following scenarios apply:
(1) If both Driver and Navigator are already regular Members, either one can complete this registration for the team and receive the Member rate for the for the team/car.
(2) If only one of the team is a regular Member, then that Member should complete this registration, so as to receive the Member entry fee rate for the team/car. The other person(s) will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part).
(3) If neither Driver nor Navigator are regular Members, you have the option of first signing up for a regular Membership (www.scca.org). and then returning to this registration process, now under one of the previous two scenarios. Otherwise, if you proceed, the registration system will assign the person registering as a Weekend Member, which entitles them to certain benefits (see below). The other person(s) in the car will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part). If there is a preference for who becomes a Weekend Member, then that person should complete this registration. The other occupants if the car will be registered as Trial Members (no action required on their part). Under this scenario, you qualify for the Non-Member/Weekend Member entry fee rate, which includes the cost for the one Weekend Membership.
Note for Members completing the Registration: MSReg verifies your membership against the SCCA database. Your Member number, first name and last name must all match exactly with the SCCA data. The verification uses the name in your MSReg account profile, so please make sure that your name matches the one in your SCCA profile exactly to avoid verification failures (e.g., Steve vs Stephen will cause a mismatch error). If different, we recommend that you update your MSReg account name to match the SCCA data.
Term: 5 days (consecutive) from day of initial event
Entitled to full participation privileges in SCCA events excluding SCCA Pro Racing events
Entitled to apply a $15 coupon towards any SCCA Annual Membership within 60 days of issuance
Weekend Member will receive email with details and membership upgrade coupon a day or two after the Rally