About this event
Children’s Book Run
A charity road rally benefiting
Our annual charity rally will help a hospitalized child have a happier time while in the hospital, and give you a fun drive in the country. Course following will be easy, but finding and interpreting the signs for a score will be tough. No calculator required!
- Rally Day: Saturday, October 3
- Starting Place: Brandon Tomas Subaru, McKinney
- Finish location: Spring Creek BBQ, McKinney
- Registration/Check-In: 9:00 – 10:00 am on Rally Day
- Safety Briefing: 10:05 am
- Starting Time, First Car: 10:30 am plus your car number
- Finish Time, First Car: 2:00 pm, estimated
- Route: Some familiar roads, but many new signs to puzzle over
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, family sedans, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal
- Rally Fee: $25.00 / SCCA Members: $20.00 / $5 late fee if not preregistered here. In addition, each person in the car should bring a new children’s book as a donation. These will all be delivered to Scottish Rite Hospital for distribution at Christmas.
- Preregistration is at msreg.com/CBR15msr
- Awards: First Timers, Novices, and General Class.
- Master Class for those who don’t want any more trophies.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you will have a minor child (<18) in the car
We will send the "General Instructions" to those who pre-register about a week before the event. Come and find out what all the fun is about!
To pre-register, visit msreg.com/CBR15msr
This rally is sanctioned as a Regional Rally by SCCA, and is a part of the National SCCA RoadRally Championship. Sanction Number 2014-RG-41-04.
There must be at least 2 people old enough to read in every rally car. The driver must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. The car must be in good mechanical condition. If one of the rally car occupants is a minor (under 18 years old), that person must have an SCCA "Minor Release" signed by a parent in the presence of either the rally registrar or a Notary Public. The form is available from email@example.com, or at registration.