About this event
Children’s Book Run
A charity road rally benefiting
Our annual charity rally will help a hospitalized child have a happier time while indisposed, and give you a fun drive in the country. Course following will be easy, but finding signs and other fun tasks for a score will be tough. No calculator or maps required!
- Rally Day: Saturday, December 3
- Starting Place: Subaru of Plano, 4480 W Plano Pkwy, Plano, TX 75093
- Finish location: Spring Creek Barbeque, McKinney, US380 @ US75 (NW)
- Registration/Check-In: 9:00 – 10:00 am on Rally Day
- Safety Briefing: 10:10 am
- Starting Time, First Car: 10:30 am plus your car number
- Finish Time, First Car: 2:00 pm, estimated
- Route: Half rural, half urban, all fun
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, family sedans, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal
- Rally Fee: $25.00 / SCCA Members: $20.00 / $5 late fee if not preregistered. In addition, each person in the car should bring a new children’s book as a donation. These will all be delivered to Scottish Rite Hospital for distribution around Christmas.
- Preregistration is at msreg.com/CBR16msr
- Awards: First Timers, Novices, and General Class
- Master Class for those who don’t want any more trophies
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you will have a minor child (<18) in the car
You have heard of Geocaching, right? Go to geocaching.com and search for a site near you that has "treasure" hidden for you to find. Drive there, get out, and try to find the described object using the hints given. In this year's Children's Book Run, part of your score will come from RallyCaching! As you drive the specified rally route, you will be directed to four different spots, where, if you can figure out the clues, you will find something that will earn you points for this event. It may involve an object that you can bring to the end, or a certain piece of information that you can write on your scoresheet. Whatever it is, finding the proper thing or info will get you closer to winning a trophy!
We will send the "General Instructions" to those who pre-register, about a week before the event. Come and find out what all the fun is about!
On public roads, always at legal speeds, with plenty of entertainment for you and a friend!
To pre-register, visit msreg.com/CBR16msr
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With over 67,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
A road rally is not a contest of speed or racing. The challenge is to follow a route scoring points in various ways, and get to the finish within an allotted time.
This is the sixth event in the 2016 Texas Region SCCA Championship RoadRally Series. This event is sanctioned as a Divisional Rally by SCCA, and counts for points in the National SCCA RoadRally Championship, under Sanction Number 2016-DG-41-06.
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rally. For more information on SCCA, visit scca.com.
There must be at least 2 people old enough to read in every rally car. The driver must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. The car must be in good mechanical condition. If one of the rally car occupants is a minor (under 18 years old), that person must have an SCCA "Minor Release" signed by a parent in the presence of either the rally registrar or a Notary Public. The form is available from email@example.com, or at registration. Every adult in the car must sign a "Release and Waiver of Liability" form at registration.